Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
I ordered my Stinger from Newport but picked it up from Feeder Road, Bristol as they and Cardiff were the authorised Stinger dealers.
Customer parking at Feeder Road is OK as they try and keep the bays clear.
Newport is much larger but they handle a wider range of makes (Renault and Fiat as well as Kia and Hyundai) and customer parking is a nightmare!
I took my Stinger to Cardiff for its 6 month oil change/check and I will probably go there again for my annual service in April.

I have been using Wessex since I bought my ProCeed GT in Newport in 2014 and they seem friendly and competent enough but like all car dealers are struggling in the current car climate!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi is the Newport branch stragly because of the work load?If so it doesn't say much about Kia Bristol if people choose to drive 30 miles for an oil change.I might consider doing the same or W.S.M

·
Registered
64 Posts
I bought my 2015 Cee'd from Wessex Kia Bristol, in February 2017 and have had no problems whenever I have had to take the car in for service or warranty work. The only "whinge" I have is that the pollen filter is not included in the service schedule, and they (Wessex) want an inordinate amount of money to change it! I have not been to the agents in Bath or Weston-s-Mare, (who are independents) so cannot comment on them.
HTH

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have ordered my new Kia from the Wessex garage in Cardiff. Been getting my old Picanto serviced there for the last 6 years.

The Kia sales people and the servicing department have always been friendly, helpful and provided a good service at a reasonable price. They provide decent follow up and servicing reminders etc, without getting to the point of being harassing or annoying. I don't know if the Bristol branch is the same, but the Cardiff one is very good. I have had a bad experience with the Wessex Cardiff Hyundai sales team, but that is a different story for a different thread

·
Registered
4 Posts
bought my 2010 rio 1.5crd from feeder road,all staff seemed very friendly and competent,service costs expensive but all kia main dealers the same.have been using clearwater cars in Gloucester for service ,kia approved and they are brilliant.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I ordered my Stinger from Newport but picked it up from Feeder Road, Bristol as they and Cardiff were the authorised Stinger dealers.
Customer parking at Feeder Road is OK as they try and keep the bays clear.
Newport is much larger but they handle a wider range of makes (Renault and Fiat as well as Kia and Hyundai) and customer parking is a nightmare!
I took my Stinger to Cardiff for its 6 month oil change/check and I will probably go there again for my annual service in April.

I have been using Wessex since I bought my ProCeed GT in Newport in 2014 and they seem friendly and competent enough but like all car dealers are struggling in the current car climate!
What made you go to Bristol rather than Cardiff? Just interested as I'm in Newport and just about to order one.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a 2017 Stinger 3.3. Purchased from Kia Newport in July. I've spent the last 3+ weeks trying to get a service plan from Kia Bristol. The main reason is the Service manual only shows 1 service back in Jan 2019 and the current mileage is >14000 miles. In this time I've visited the Bristol garage, sent emails and phoned several times. I was promised to be phoned back but this never happened. Also on a number of occasions I was left listening to a message stating how good their customer service is!!!!! Does Newport offer a good service or are there any other recommendations near Bristol?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I live in Bristol and tomorrow I'll take my Soul to Kia's main dealer in Bath for its first m.o.t

·
Registered
2 Posts
I find their customer service seriously lacking. Very difficult to get hold of, seem to refuse to answer emails. When I have had things done with the car, they have not wanted to really explain what is going on giving me mixed information about prices and have not given me full choice with regard to product used. If it were not for the ongoing issues and the fact I signed up for a service deal which is tied to them, I would not be using them. Really high staff turnover too which leaves me pondering. What were your experiences angelo?

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
I always get a Kia service plan so I can go to a different Kia dealer if need be.

I had a problem getting an email response from my Bristol sales guy in 2018 - I wanted the sticker for the service book giving warranty dates and so on.
Got there eventually but it was a struggle!

Just had my third (oil change) Stinger service in Cardiff. They wanted £45 for the map update (Kia say £25 inc VAT).
(Agreed it should be free last April on full service but 2019 map wasn't out until June so it couldn't be done then.)
They flatly refused a free update but after some haggling I got it down to £35!

It wasn't the map update I wanted (I use my mobile which I prefer) but I wanted the new firmware update.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts