Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 08 Carens, has anyone on this model had the hinge snap on the N/S sun visor mirror. We asked our dealer for it to be replaced under warranty.The reply was when they contacted Kia for permission, as they had never had any body with this problem before it must be misuse.

Now Us being a certain age!!! it hardly gets any use.On investigation I find the resistance on the small part of the hinge (the pivot part)will not move no wonder it has snapped.

With other things that have been asked to be done under warrantywe are concerned what the 5 year warranty means.

·
Registered
662 Posts
cant understand why the dealer asked for permission if the hinge is seized then that the reason for failure go back to them and show them the hinge they should process the claim if not find yourself another dealer

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My dealer, it appears have to e mail with pictures attatched to Kia before they can carry out any warranty work.

We are in their hands and as they are a hour away from us it is a pain (We love the car) but could do with a better back up.

Thanks for your comment

carens08

1 - 3 of 3 Posts