Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, first time post.

I have a question about my 65-plate Venga (1.4L petrol). The battery died and a voltmeter shows it's holding only 5V so figured I need to get a new one. I tried using the wizards on Halford's and Euro car parts but they do not recognize the my number plate. I am mainly trying to figure out which battery/type of battery class I can use. The sticker on the current battery says "AGM 60L-DN 60Ah(20HR) 100RC 12V 640CCA(SAE) 512A(EN)". I think it might be the 027 AGM but I have no idea.

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
All you need to know including Vengmans excellent fitting guide..in the thread my previous car had a lead acid one ..latest car has AGM one yours is stop start so will need an AGM one..

027 batteries.. and needs to be 278 L x 175W x 190h.. mine is..

·
Registered
66 plate Sportage KX4
209 Posts
As much as I have to recommend them, quick fit we’re less than half the price of everyone else for the battery on my Mazda.
if your car has start/stop that’s probably why Halfords don’t list for your car (was the same for me)

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
As much as I have to recommend them, quick fit we’re less than half the price of everyone else for the battery on my Mazda.
if your car has start/stop that’s probably why Halfords don’t list for your car (was the same for me)
Halfords batteries are made by Yuasa and they do make them..but not at 60 amp hour iirc.. 😉

·
Registered
66 plate Sportage KX4
209 Posts
Halfords batteries are made by Yuasa and they do make them..but not at 60 amp hour iirc.. 😉
I did a search on Halfords using the car description and had a number of batteries recommended, but tried to link it on here and it comes up as no suitable batteries, which is odd.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I did a search on Halfords using the car description and had a number of batteries recommended, but tried to link it on here and it comes up as no suitable batteries, which is odd.
Yes there is a 70amp hour one but the case size might be different 096 I think it is.. also wondering as its been stated to use like for like and if a 70amp one is fitted how will the car react after the recommended 4hours battery recognition period.. guess we would only find that out if the OP decided to try it 🤔

So now I have been to Yuasa site and pulled this..now look at the date.. has to be summat wrong here because stop start came in from 2013..

KIA VENGA 1.4 PETROL (2009-2012)
BHP89BODYMPVCAMDOHCDRIVEFWDENGINE CODEG4FAEQUIPMENTSTART-STOP FUNCTIONFUELPETROLIMPORTNONOTE 1OE BATTERY IS AGM. ONLY REPLACE WITH AGM BATTERYPERIOD2009 - 2012SERIES(2009-2020)TYPE1.4VALVESVALVE

Ebay link shows the case size is correct.. just noticed that..

·
Registered
66 plate Sportage KX4
209 Posts
If the car has stop/start does the car need programming once the battery is replaced?
My Mazda needed this as it charges a new battery differently to an older one (apparently)

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
If the car has stop/start does the car need programming once the battery is replaced?
My Mazda needed this as it charges a new battery differently to an older one (apparently)
See my comment in post above [ post 6 ] its in the handbook.. change the battery and let the car stand for 4 hours so the system recognises the new battery.. its also been said that trip mileage can disappear.. radio is hard wire so no problem there.. date time and temp would need resetting.. windows and sunroof may also need the same..

Battery: procedures for disconnection/reconnection
Before disconnecting the battery Before disconnecting the battery cable, ensure that the ignition key is in the OFF position After disconnecting the battery When working on pyrotechnic components (e.g. airbags, seat belt pretensioners): Wait for 3 minutes After reconnecting the battery Initialise the trip computer settings Reset the date and time Reset the programmed stations and the user preferences Electronic climate control unit: Reset the system Initialising the power windows Turn the ignition on Press and hold the power window close switch Until the window is fully closed Wait for 1 second The system is reset Initialising the electric sliding/tilting roof Turn the ignition on Close the sliding/tilting roof Release the switch Press the switch to close the sliding roof After approximately 10 seconds The sunroof tilts and moves slightly Release the switch Press the switch to close the sliding roof For 5 seconds Hold the switch until the roof is fully open Hold the switch until the roof is fully closed Release the switch The system is reset
Before disconnecting the battery Before disconnecting the battery cable, ensure that the ignition key is in the OFF position After disconnecting the battery When working on pyrotechnic components (e.g. airbags, seat belt pretensioners): Wait for 3 minutes After reconnecting the battery Initialise the trip computer settings Reset the date and time Reset the programmed stations and the user preferences Electronic climate control unit: Reset the system Initialising the power windows Turn the ignition on Press and hold the power window close switch Until the window is fully closed Wait for 1 second The system is reset Initialising the electric sliding/tilting roof Turn the ignition on Close the sliding/tilting roof Release the switch Press the switch to close the sliding roof After approximately 10 seconds The sunroof tilts and moves slightly Release the switch Press the switch to close the sliding roof For 5 seconds Hold the switch until the roof is fully open Hold the switch until the roof is fully closed Release the switch The system is reset

Had the above from a friend of mine who has his own garage in Stoke.. was sent to me in a PDF from Haynes tech info..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all very much for your replies, especially the step by step instructions and the procedure of reconnecting. I ended up purchasing a Varta D52 Silver Dynamic (D52 Varta Start-Stop Plus 027 AGM Car Battery 12V 60Ah (560901068)) from Tayna and awaiting delivery.

It is definitely a 027 battery as the measurements match it (and not the 096 as its dimensions are too big); this Venga must have been one of the last ones that were 027.

Again, thank you very much and I will keep you posted (especially if there are problems with getting the stuff reconnected)

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Thank you all very much for your replies, especially the step by step instructions and the procedure of reconnecting. I ended up purchasing a Varta D52 Silver Dynamic (D52 Varta Start-Stop Plus 027 AGM Car Battery 12V 60Ah (560901068)) from Tayna and awaiting delivery.

It is definitely a 027 battery as the measurements match it (and not the 096 as its dimensions are too big); this Venga must have been one of the last ones that were 027.

Again, thank you very much and I will keep you posted (especially if there are problems with getting the stuff reconnected)
Sorted then.. just come back when its fitted and let us know how it went.. do us a vid while your at it..:cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts