Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my late father owned a 2015 Kia Venga. The battery is completely flat, with the front of the car, very close to the garage door, meaning that it can only be towed from the rear. Can you please advise where the revovery towing eye can be attached. The car will be recovered by a Kia dealer but I want to be sure that they will be able to tow/winch the vehicle onto the back of their recovery vehicle. I trust that the vehicle can be towed from the rear.

·
Registered
53 Posts
just buy a cigarete charging lead long one ,or use the boot one plug in to a running car lighter socket then into the dead car wait half hour .

·
Registered
683 Posts
Don't understand why not tow from the front if it's right near the door. Fit the towing eye from the jack kit, the square cover plate in teh front bumper will reveal the place to screw the eye in.
Also if the front is near the door can you not get a booster or charger on it?
OR do you mean the rear is near the door? If so the towing loop is underneath, it can easily be seen!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rpaco, thanks for your reply. The front of the car is tight up against the garage door, with not enough space to get to the front nearside corner to access the battery. The neighbour's wall is close to the nearside also. It is good to know that there is a towing loop underneath at the rear, as this will be the only access point to be able to tow the car away from the garage door.

·
Registered
111 Posts
The car is on the driveway not in the garage? (“The neighbours wall is close to the near side also”)

Surely just release the handbrake and push the car back a bit to attach a charger or booster? Or wait for the recovery to come and push it back into the road?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The garage door is the up and over type, and the out swing from the bottom of the door would foul the car. There is a slight down hill slope toward the garage making pushing the car difficult against gravity. The towing loop underneath the rear seems to be the way to go.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Fair enough. I did wonder if there was a slope...normally enlisting the help of a few neighbours would be the solution in pushing the car, but in these social distancing days might not be the wisest :(

·
Registered
795 Posts
Rpaco, thanks for your reply. It is good to know that there is a towing loop underneath at the rear, as this will be the only access point to be able to tow the car away from the garage door.
Be sure this is a towing point and not just for securing the vehicle during transport. The recovery guy will know if it's not mentioned in your cars handbook. Good luck with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts