Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there i have a rattling noise coming from my car ive looked at the anti roll bars and they are fine theres a little play in the bottom engine mount but not sure has anyone got any idea what it is thanks

·
Registered
390 Posts
Welcome to the forum
I think you need to be a bit more specific.
Is the rattle from the engine when running, or only when you go over bumps, or only when loaded, or only when turning a corner etc.
Cars have lots of potential rattles so a little more detail might help
As a starter, as you said you have looked at anti roll bar, presumably you mean anti roll bar bushes that connect teh abr to the chassis? If the rattle is from the front and going over bumps, its more likely to be anti roll bar "drop links" that connect the anti roll bar to the suspension turret. These take a ridiculous amount of hammer with our wonderfully smooth roads (he says, ironically!) and normally give a rattle when travelling over bumps.
If it it is drop links they are also known as stabiliser links and anti roll bar links.
If you are mechanically minded they are a ball joint at either end with a threaded bar and you use a nut to fix them to the anti roll bar and suspension turret.
However - they do rust like a very rusty thing and can be an absolute pig to remove unless you have an impact wrench of some sort. I got a local mechanic to do mine last year. 1 hours labour and cost of parts (I got Lemforder from Eurocarparts but all sorts of folks make them).
If you are still in warranty, obviously you need to be using genuine Kia.
They are a MOT failure if they have excessive play or the ball joint cover is split.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi yeah its when i go over bumps in the road i thought it would be anti roll bar drop links but when i checked them yesterday there was no play in them at all could it be the ball joints on the wish bone

1 - 6 of 6 Posts