Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Kia Sportage 1.6 GDi Level 3
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still trying to figure the UVO app. I do not seem to be able to set up my Vehicle data management, nor vehicle settings in the 'Set up my car' section of the App. When I try to back up the vehicle data or vehicle settings I get the mesage "Available after account has been linked". Yet as far as I am aware my account has been linked to the app. I can see my account details,vehicle report. The home page shows where my car is parked, I can see my historic trips and status. So what else do I need to do to link up the account?

Super Moderator
What car?

As Uvo app is very restricted on what you can do on certain cars.

Is what you are trying to do on the car head unit or your phone?

Registered
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
Still trying to figure the UVO app. I do not seem to be able to set up my Vehicle data management, nor vehicle settings in the 'Set up my car' section of the App. When I try to back up the vehicle data or vehicle settings I get the mesage "Available after account has been linked". Yet as far as I am aware my account has been linked to the app. I can see my account details,vehicle report. The home page shows where my car is parked, I can see my historic trips and status. So what else do I need to do to link up the account?
Is this You Tube video any help?

Registered
Kia Sportage 1.6 GDi Level 3
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the link. When I watched it I realised that everything on the Video was done when I picked up the car from the dealership, so in theory my UVO should be synced correctly, but it can't be otherwise I'd assume that the Account had been linked. I have to take the car in for a software upgrade in a couple of weeks so will ask then why this is happening.

Registered
Thanks for the link. When I watched it I realised that everything on the Video was done when I picked up the car from the dealership, so in theory my UVO should be synced correctly, but it can't be otherwise I'd assume that the Account had been linked. I have to take the car in for a software upgrade in a couple of weeks so will ask then why this is happening.
Unfortunately I can't remember the exact sequence, but in order to get everything to work I had to link UVO to my driver profile on the car, as a final step. That did away with all the annoying features thatvwere refusing to work, like sending routes to the car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts