Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really narked by Kia HQ. On 31st March I collected a new Sportage JBL Black Edition about 12 noon. The offer included a free JBL bluetooth speaker. I asked the dealership about it and they told me that I "have to go through Kia to get it." Transpires to get it I have to use the MyKia app. However, the MyKia app did not recognise the VIN number of the new car as there is obviously a time lag on the relevant data being input to the system. On enquiring, Kia Customer Services told me that the offer expired at 23:59 hours on 31 March and absolutely no reason for any delayed application would be entertained. I responded in writing saying that their terms made it impossible for me to claim the speaker and were unreasonable. I have not yet had the courtesy of a reply. I am really, really annoyed at their attitude. What can I do? Can I go straight to a small claims court as the Advertising Standards Authority have no power to enforce anything. Any constructive suggestions welcome. I was so enraged I actually thought of demanding they take the car back because of the unreasonable terms of their offer which was effectively a breach of the deal but the JBL is a real cracker of a vehicle and the speaker is only worth about £90 to them. It's how they treat a customer which is my issue.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
You could try speaking to your local authority's trading standards department and see what they say.

I do know that it took a week from my car delivery to being able to register for My Kia, so it is not instantaneous.

You could go down the 'goodwill' tack with Kia again to ask if they will honour it. In reality having spent £30k with Kia, what is a £90 speaker to them in order to keep you sweet?

Conversely, having spent £30k, is a £90 speaker worth the hassle? I am sure you didn't choose the vehicle based solely on the free £90 speaker?

Overall, it just seems like very unfortunate timing.

·
Registered
201 Posts
...I was so enraged I actually thought of demanding they take the car back because of the unreasonable terms of their offer which was effectively a breach of the deal but the JBL is a real cracker of a vehicle and the speaker is only worth about £90 to them. It's how they treat a customer which is my issue.
I would also be enraged by such stupidity and this would significantly ruin my enjoyment of the new vehicle. For that reason I would let the dealer know that I was going to cancel the deal if they couldn't get Kia Customer Services to see sense. But they'd need to believe that you meant it.

·
Super Moderator
3,431 Posts
I would also be enraged by such stupidity and this would significantly ruin my enjoyment of the new vehicle. For that reason I would let the dealer know that I was going to cancel the deal if they couldn't get Kia Customer Services to see sense. But they'd need to believe that you meant it.
That's right, reject the car and tell them you were only buying it to get the free speaker offer.o_Oo_O

·
Super Moderator
9,472 Posts
Still being offered here.. And quite a few others.
I would be having a word with your dealer, as they provided the offer.

·
Registered
201 Posts
That's right, reject the car and tell them you were only buying it to get the free speaker offer.o_Oo_O
Oh I didn't actually say that I WOULD reject the car.

But as a matter of principle I couldn't just accept being ripped off like this without wanting to make some degree of fuss.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Oh I didn't actually say that I WOULD reject the car.

But as a matter of principle I couldn't just accept being ripped off like this without wanting to make some degree of fuss.
I have absolutely no issue with the dealership - they have been excellent. My issue is with something called "Customer Service" staffed by people whom I suspect never have any face to face interaction with their customers unlike "front-line" customer service people in the showrooms. I do note that the offer is still showing on the MyKia app and I have a screenshot of it telling me "Submission Accepted." I agree with Zebster in making a fuss but I prefer to use the word "mischief."

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For completeness - below is a cut and paste of the part of the relevant email which has wound me up:

"It's great to hear you've recently taken ownership of a Kia Sportage and are a part of the Kia family.

To qualify for the offer you must of bought and registered a brand-new Kia Sportage Black Edition between 01.01.2021 and 31.03.2021. You will also need to have submitted your application on My Kia by 23:59 on the 31st March 2021.

Regrettably, if there are any Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt applications will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost applications and proof of submission of an application will not be accepted as proof of receipt.

I'm sorry this may not be the answer you were hoping for."

·
Super Moderator
9,472 Posts
To qualify for the offer you must of bought and registered a brand-new Kia Sportage Black Edition between 01.01.2021 and 31.03.2021. You will also need to have submitted your application on My Kia by 23:59 on the 31st March 2021.

Regrettably, if there are any Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt applications will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost applications and proof of submission of an application will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
I would go back to them asking why dealer's are still advertising the offer when it "Has Ended" on the 31.03.2021

Love to know how you can "Deface" or "Illegible" a online entry :eek:

·
Banned
5,227 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I did notice the email was written as the writer obviously speaks. I have checked again and the main website still carries the offer despite what KIA "customer care" stated. The offer is conditional only "With Every Purchase of a JBL Black Edition." No if, and, but or maybe" attached. I have fired another Snottogram to them asking them to explain along with a screenshot of their webpage clearly showing 22:00 14/04/2021. I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Morning guys, I have a JBL arriving in the next few days and was planning on giving my grandson the free speaker.
Bit miffed by this thread as I ordered mine in April. Anyway I have just logged onto Kia uk website and the t’s and c’s at the bottom appear to have been amended. Quote:
Free JBL Flip 5 speaker available to private customers (exc. Personal Contract Hire) on Kia Sportage 'JBL® Black Edition' orders placed between 01.04.2021 and 30.06.2021. Kia reserves the right to amend or withdraw offers at any time without prior notice. In order to claim the speaker, you must register or log into your MyKia account.
So it looks like it has been amended to the end of June. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am really narked by Kia HQ. On 31st March I collected a new Sportage JBL Black Edition about 12 noon. The offer included a free JBL bluetooth speaker. I asked the dealership about it and they told me that I "have to go through Kia to get it." Transpires to get it I have to use the MyKia app. However, the MyKia app did not recognise the VIN number of the new car as there is obviously a time lag on the relevant data being input to the system. On enquiring, Kia Customer Services told me that the offer expired at 23:59 hours on 31 March and absolutely no reason for any delayed application would be entertained. I responded in writing saying that their terms made it impossible for me to claim the speaker and were unreasonable. I have not yet had the courtesy of a reply. I am really, really annoyed at their attitude. What can I do? Can I go straight to a small claims court as the Advertising Standards Authority have no power to enforce anything. Any constructive suggestions welcome. I was so enraged I actually thought of demanding they take the car back because of the unreasonable terms of their offer which was effectively a breach of the deal but the JBL is a real cracker of a vehicle and the speaker is only worth about £90 to them. It's how they treat a customer which is my issue.
View attachment 10042
I have send a email directly to Kia UK complaint department.

Kia Customer Services
PO Box 6426, Milton Keynes, MK1 9HT
T 0333 202 2990
W www.kia.com/uk
Registered in England No. 4415807
Registered Office: Walton Green, Walton on Thames, Surrey, KT12 1FJ
Kia Motors (UK) Ltd Complaints Policy
Kia Motors (UK) Ltd is dedicated to providing excellent customer service and we welcome your help in our continued effort
to improve customer satisfaction.
Our dealers are independent businesses that have a franchise agreement with Kia Motors (UK) Ltd and have been granted a
licence to sell Kia products and services. If you have a complaint about the level of service you’ve received from a Kia dealer
or authorised repairer, or dissatisfaction with your vehicle, you should firstly let the selling or repairing dealer know. They’re
best placed to investigate and resolve your complaint and this is where your contract is based.
Should you feel you haven’t been given a satisfactory solution, you can get in touch with our Kia Customer Services team as
below:
Telephone 0333 202 2990
Write to Kia Customer Services, PO Box 6426, Milton Keynes, MK1 9HT
Email [email protected]
Our Opening Hours Monday to Friday: 8.30am – 7pm
Saturday: 9am – 1pm
Sunday: Closed
We are also closed on the Public and Bank Holidays in England
We’ll investigate your concerns and make sure you’re provided with a full and complete response.
We’re proud to subscribe to The Motor Ombudsman’s New Car Code of Practice. If we’re unable to resolve your complaint
to your satisfaction, we recommend you contact them. They are a CTSI certified Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) provider
that we are prepared to engage with through the ADR process. You may contact them as below:
Telephone 0345 241 3008
Write to The Motor Ombudsman, 71 Great Peter Street, London, SW1P 2BN
Email Subaru & Isuzu sign up to Motor Codes - The Motor Ombudsman

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.