Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening chaps! thought I would tell you what has happened to my 11 plate kia soul tempest, after its 7th breakdown in 9 months that I have onewd the car, Kia have finally decided there is a design fault with the fuel system on the kia soul, mine has blown 3 fuel sender units, and various other bits and bobs, and finally after the last time it was in, they discovered that there is some problem with the part of the wiring loom that goes to the fuel thingys, has been shorting out? and also wiring is pulling out of various units and things underneith, (not technical sorry!)they have had bout 1000 cars with the same problem as what I have had, car saying that it had fuel in it when it hadnt, coming to a hault in the middle of duel carraige ways! trucks flying past either side of you at 70mph! scarey!So they think that they have mended mine fully now, and think that its had the best repair out of all the kia souls that have had the same problem, so there using it as some kind of guinia pig, on a doner car, that the trundled in on the back of a trailer to kia in Leeds, yesterday morning, just to learn how to mend all the other poorley kia souls, long as they can put mine back together again, all will be well! Jo.

·
Registered
270 Posts
From what I can make out from your posting is that there is some sort of problem with the
fuel guage sender unit which tells you there is fuel in the tank when in fact there is nothing ?
<div align="left">and they think this is related to the wiring shorting out somewhere underneath the car ?
If there is a problem we on 11 plates can expect a call for a mod by the looks of it.

·
Registered
270 Posts
On second thoughts if there is a 1000 cars with same problem that must be the total sales
in one year of 11 reg Souls so could other years be involved too ?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Evening people,
I'me the new owner of a late 2010 diesel shaker, is this problem on the petrol engine only ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi, peeps, mines a diesel tempest dont know if they did a petrol one, but there using mine as a guinia pig for some repair they want to try, should have had it back today, its not looking good.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wondering if I will get me car back tomorrow? they were only ment to have it 2 days, that was last tuesday?

·
Registered
283 Posts
I reckon they ought to give you another (fat chance) sounds like you have a bit of a lemon. Anyroad up I hope they get it sorted because we would be lost without our Tempest, one of the early models and we have had no problems what so ever. Done 22,000 now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeh fat chance! like it! as I said to kia, if it was a fridge oratv from comet or currys etc,and it had broken down as much as what my tempest has, they would have replaced it by now, it is a lemon, a sour one!Jo.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Nearly 29.6k miles since March 10, two years old next week and our Tempest has only had the rear view camera replaced ,no other problems at all,I am keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
They should have it sorted for you and they know what the problem so as I said fingers crossed. I am sure that once its sorted then you will love the Soul. I once bought a C3 for my wife and that had more faults from new than you could imagine,in the end they took it back and kept it for over 10 weeks ,when it came back as far as i could see they had replaced anything that they could under the bonnet,it worked.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nope, thirsty bugger, big A4! gotta find out today whats happening, they were only ment to have it 2 days, that was last tuesday!

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
josoul said:
Nope, thirsty bugger, big A4! gotta find out today whats happening, they were only ment to have it 2 days, that was last tuesday!

I have 2 friends with Audis, an A4 and an A6 and they both do more MPG than my Soul Diesel!.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.