Kia Owners Club Forum banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
A shiny - clean engine bay is one in which you like to work in without getting too mucky - I was a mechanic many years ago before everything was computerised, nowadays, I'll stick to changing the oil. I power - washed mine the other day, with a Karcher at home, still seems to have the paint on - if not it will go back to the dealer!

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
i was due to get a power washer for my up and coming birthday...... but declined. New seat covers instead. I think i have just been unlucky and the paint on my car is just extra brittle or thin.... hence no Karcher!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Soul 2 is great - and my daughter is very pleased.
Tempestis a bit more cosmetically refined + 18" alloys + Reversing Camera + Flat boot floor with space under (which I like) and a couple of other bits and better Sound system. The Bluetooth is the same on both cars so I could live with the Soul 2 but with the TempestI can feel a bit superior and less likely to reverse into a wall!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Taffy 49 said:
Go on you two - rub it in. 28 days tomorrow and counting. LOL

T'is worth it, honest. I am looking for any excuse to be taken out for a drive. OH does the driving, I can, but am disabled now and much prefer to be chauffeured, plus I can play with all the buttons

Where to go tomorrow
cannot keep saying we need one item from the supermarket every day.
I could try.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Wasit all downhill on the 300 miles Bilko , glad every body is liking their new Soul,it's worth waiting for Lisa. Ours is great and better as we use it, bluetooth would have been nice but I had a Parrot hands free put in so it's not to bad.I was saying to Tempest that I like the flip up chrome handles on my Tempest rather than the new type. Happy motoring everybody

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Got our 1st of March new on a 10 plate Bilko , booked in for a 12,000mile service on the 18th Oct.It will do over 100mph with little problem and you can keep up with most other cars if you keep the diesel engine on the turbo.I work my cars hard and in all the driving I have done I have not had a deal of problems.Use to drive a very high mileage but not as much now.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
bilko0011 said:
Hi
I have just driven mine back from the dealers.Its a brand new Tempest auto deisel.It has averaged 57 mpg on its first 300 miles. Not bad for a tight, brand new engine hey???
57mpg!. Im not trying to spoil your fun with your new toy - but the usual figure is 40mpg at new and a gradual improvement as the car runs in.

If that figure is according to the new computer - i would suggest its a steady speed consumption figure, not an average.

Having said all that - i hope i am wrong in my assumptions and that they have done something to improve the economy on the diesel.... cos it does lag behind other similar sized diesels.

Enjoy the car and email us some pics.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Taffy 49 said:
Then we heve something in common soul2soul - I 2 am disabled but love driving (lucky the wife don't).

We do indeed
I used to love driving, but, things change, now I am driven, which I don't mind. Have found another excuse to go out tomorrow, so that's good
Are the diesel engines in CRDi turbo?

21 - 40 of 61 Posts