Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well, we have the CRDi Auto and so far, in less than a week from driving it out of the showroom, it is turning about 45mpg on the trip computer. Apart from that, it is turning heads, the neighbours are green with envy and one is off to the Kia dealership this week, to look at their range. We have yet to take it on a "run", as in motorways etc, that is for tomorrows outing. Buy it, you will love it, you know you want one, it has that appeal in bucket loads.
The ride can be choppy on the side roads, but, considering that most of the minor roads in the UK are like medieval tracks, that is no great surprise, pop onto the main roads and you waft along, cocooned in not inconsiderable comfort, with more air bags than I can count, a stereo to blow out the windows, camera, bluetooth that talks to you and listens to you and an engine that will pull all day long.........

·
Registered
43 Posts
well, just a tad
Today was our first motorway drive, was a breeze and almost had to be held back, as the diesel felt like it was just ticking over at 70mph. Despite traffic hold ups and some country lane, stop, start, driving, we managed 42mpg, which is almost double our last vehicle. Had a fit though, when we went down a road covered in cow muck.................
The buckets of water had to come out immediately we arrived home, will have to jet wash it, it smells real bad. Cannot have any muck on it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
It was a gentle one, as in not one that takes two people to stop it throwing you against the wall. Will be careful though and only use the local one, as it is a gentle pressure. It was the wheel arches, alloys and tyres that were like a midden cart. The smell was with us, wherever we went, happy to say, that has gone. Anyone else used the waterless car wash, with the microfibre cloths? Tried it the other day, on a small area and it seemed ok.

·
Registered
43 Posts
quite agree, would not let someone else valet it, not that it needs it, at less than a week old. We can primp and preen, with loving care. I even dusted the engine area the other day. I am sad, but I don't like dust.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Taffy 49 said:
Go on you two - rub it in. 28 days tomorrow and counting. LOL

T'is worth it, honest. I am looking for any excuse to be taken out for a drive. OH does the driving, I can, but am disabled now and much prefer to be chauffeured, plus I can play with all the buttons

Where to go tomorrow
cannot keep saying we need one item from the supermarket every day.
I could try.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Taffy 49 said:
Then we heve something in common soul2soul - I 2 am disabled but love driving (lucky the wife don't).

We do indeed
I used to love driving, but, things change, now I am driven, which I don't mind. Have found another excuse to go out tomorrow, so that's good
Are the diesel engines in CRDi turbo?

·
Registered
43 Posts
tempest said:
soul2soul said:
oh, that's even more cool, was wondering if you can hear the turbo coming in, not that we have pushed it, it is only a baby.
You can hear the turbo working quietly, but its not as obvious as a lot of other turbo diesel, mind you it dosent pull as strong as lots of other turbo diesel either - so i reckon its quite a mild turbo.

I thought I heard a little whistle on one occasion, compared to our old kangoo, we notice a vast difference in engine power, plus it is so quiet inside and far more refined.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Dave R said:
I think the Soul diesel is a lot more up to date in design as really the last thing you want with a turbo engine petrol or diesel is big glut of power all in one go, it is more smooth and progresive. My son has a Skoda Fabia VRS diesel and that came in with aall in one go when the turbo spooled in.He has had it Superchipped and is now around 191BHP but the big difference is the smoother power curve. I have had a couple of petrol turbo's in the days when they were a little cruder than today's and in the wet they could sometimes be a handful.
Going back to deliveries of the Soul Tempest,there must be a big increase in sales/orders now as when I bought mine I walked into the showroom one Saturdayat the end of Febuary and they had just had one deliveried .As I arrived they had just cleaned and polished it and were putting it into the show room.I bought it and picked it up the following week,the first week in March this year.

Some of you are now waiting a really long time.

I was thinking how refined the engine was, smooth and progressive sums it up rather nicely. I am still digesting every word of the handbook, should you wait a second or two before turning the engine over, as you did with older diesels? to warm the glow plugs - or am I showing my age?

We know of one other that lives a few miles away, but that is the only one we have seen in months, so we are still on the special list for now. Nice to see people taking sneaky peeks at the car and its huge alloys.
as it passes them by.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Dave R said:
Hi yes Colin is right there is a yellow "coiled spring" shape whichare the glowplugs,they only stay on for a few seconds then you can fire it up though it's best to wait for a short while for the turbo to get lubricated after starting before setting off and when you stop he engine leave it running on tickover for a minute.This is especially relevant when you stop after working the engine hard such as motorway work,it gives the turbo chance to cool down.

Thanks for that, will remind the OH to wait for a couple of seconds, in the furore of wanting to get driving.
I had read somewhere else, on a review, about letting the car run on a minute after a longer journey.
I don't drive, due to illness, so I have not had the chance to see all the lights on the dash. I will have to be having a nosey, but have been more than happy to be wafted along, trying to get the computer to understand me on the bluetooth................pardon..............pardon..........in the end, I just laugh and say cancel.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts