Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across this excellent web site for technical info and service bulletins for all Kia models.

http://www.kiatechinfo.com/

You will need to create an account to get access and also the web site only appears to work in Internet Explorer.

Since this web site appears to be for America, Is there one for the UK ?
I have had a search but without any luck.

I did notice that there is a technical bulletin regarding the Kia Rio 1.6l needing replacement of the engine knock sensor (at service interval time) but this stated it was for the North American area.

Does this also apply to owners in the UK as well ?

Edited by: diddy1234

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I understand.

The site is still useful for things like removal of car stereo etc.

So how do the Kia serving departments get technical bulletin's here in the UK ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've also been wondering about this too but as the Kia Tech site is US based there is no listing under Karens only Rondo and presumably this only covers petrol rather than diesel engines. Is there any way to access technical service bulletins from Kia UK - as it would be very helpful to be able to have this information when going to a dealer here - e.g. I would like to take our Karens in to check on that it has the latest software update on the ECU and the EGR has been changed or had the repair kit fitted and to have the roof rails modified to enable greater separation of the roof bars. Should a UK Kia dealer be aware of technical bulletins covering both these things as warranty issues?

Trevor

·
Registered
662 Posts
allUK dealers are aware via a system called GDS of allUK spec bulletins and thease can be printed off at any time bulletins are issued to assist dealers with repair processes and methods they are refered to when a customer has an issue or problem so if you do not have a problem they will not be applied to your Carens

·
Registered
4 Posts
Viking Paul - thanks for this

Do you know if there has definitely been a bulletin about roof rail modification on the Karens as people seem to have mixed responses to this at dealers?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello,
I am looking for some technical help. My Kia Sportage 2010 2.0 Diesel CRDI was driving along at slow speed and suddenly died. Would not re-start. AA called and couldn't connect Diagnostics to car to check fault codes. Car was towed into Kia Dealership. One week on Kia itself cannot find our what is wrong as they cannot connect to cars ECU.
Please can anyone point some suggestions as I am without a car and garage don't seem to know whats wrong.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, Thanks for the reply.
As of now they are running through some sequence testing, Not sure if they will change ECU under warranty. The car is just over 6 years old and I really don't want to fork out £1000 + if this is not the issue?.
Car has just over 49,000 miles and been looked after well.

Any further help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
Why should it cost you? The car is under warranty, and has a full service record? The ECU is not a "consumable" item like brake pads and discs. Don't take any bullshine from them!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi update on car. Still in garage being looked at. They have now said its the main ecu and cannot say if it will fall under the warranty or not as this is unusual and needs head office to authorise it. They asked if I knew of any factors that would impact on this ???? Any feedback would be appreciated

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
A lot of warranty jobs have to be given clearance by Kia, so this delay is not unusual. Provided you have the warranty cover, and all services have been correctly done, and recorded, you should be OK. Seems that allowing dealers to use their initiative, and replace parts first, and ask questions later, has gone out of the window, with Kia.

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
How can it not be covered by warranty?. It's like disputing that the engine or transmission is not covered. Get on to Kia customer services through Twitter. Don't wait for "head office". This is ridiculous. If you haven't already done so ask for a courtesy car. The kia warranty is being slowly degradedEdited by: grumpycrdi

1 - 14 of 14 Posts