Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been driving my Stonic,n which I love, since September 2020.
Yesterday a little surprise popped up when a little green light appeared on the dash. A read of the handbook advised me that I have an intelligent main beam, handy a so lovely surprise, just would have thought I'd been told when I collected the car?

·
Registered
2021 Stonic GT Line S mild hybrid.
105 Posts
Yesterday a little surprise popped up when a little green light appeared on the dash. A read of the handbook advised me that I have an intelligent main beam, handy a so lovely surprise, just would have thought I'd been told when I collected the car?
I'm on my second Stonic but I still occasionally come across another interesting feature. When I collected the car I discovered that I knew more about the specifications than the salesman.

·
Registered
Stonic 1st Edition
1,484 Posts
The Auto Main Beam was the first thing I was keen to test on my Stonic as I was suspicious about how effective it would be - I was pleasantly surprised as it responded in much the same manner and speed as I would have managed with manual control. I use it all the time now.

·
Super Moderator
9,438 Posts
Ah the joys of car sales people...

I was never told that my Stonic has ACC mode. When you have stop/start button... It was only when daughter got her Picanto that sales person explained everything to her that I found out.
Then again she got the full unveiling of her car, whip the cover off when you are ready... All I got was it's parked outside ready to go 🤣

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
a little green light appeared on the dash.
Glad you found it. I have read comments from some in the past, criticising the facility but I find it invaluable and the auto switching coincides with my brain's reaction time to perform the change manually pretty well perfectly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm on my second Stonic but I still occasionally come across another interesting feature. When I collected the car I discovered that I knew more about the specifications than the salesman.
Yes I didn’t get much help from the salesman in the dealership! In fact he never told me about the lane assist steering adjustment and I nearly collided with the side of a bus 100 metres from the dealership. I also got home and spent a happy half hour removing stickers etc from body panels and a really useful sticker over the reversing camera which made its picture a mite blurry. Some PDI,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts