Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have just collected a new Stonic and after filling up for the first time am getting a message that there is Insufficient fuel and need to go to a petrol station. This message stays for about 20 secs then keeps coming back. The dealer is saying it's a software problem and that a fix is coming soon. It seems that the info system is not linked to the car engine as on the dashboard it shows the correct number of miles to the next fill up. Has anyone else had this issue.

Super Moderator

Same issue.

Sadly OP has not been back to update if resolved or not...

Registered
I collected my Stonic a week last Saturday and experienced the same message within 400 yards of leaving the supplying dealer. I took the vehicle back to the dealership, the sales staff claimed that they weren't aware of any fault. The sales manager encouraged me to take the vehicle and promised that the service manager would call me the following Monday. He advised me that it was a known fault to which they were awaiting a resolve and would call me in due course.
I have logged a call with customer care asking whether this is a known fault as the dealer suggested, they said that they weren't aware of any issues and advised that I contact the dealer again.
I find it incredulous that the dealers knowingly continue to sell faulty vehicles.

Super Moderator
While it is a pain, it is not a dangerous fault.

Have you filled it up at all? As I would have thought that dealer would have seen the message in the PDI and driving it.

Registered
The vehicle was supplied full of fuel, it was filled up on the morning of collection.

As you rightly say I am amazed it wasn't picked up at the pre delivery inspection particularly as it apparently a known fault.

When driving a new vehicle for the first time it is very disconcerting to have error messages flash up at you. Had I been forwarned of the possibility and told that it was not detrimental to the running of said vehicle I may no be so quite wound up about it.

The matter of fact way it has been dealt with by the dealer and customer care doesn't bode well for good customer relations.

This is my fourth Kia, how swift the resolve is will determine whether it will be my last.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts