Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have just collected a new Stonic and after filling up for the first time am getting a message that there is Insufficient fuel and need to go to a petrol station. This message stays for about 20 secs then keeps coming back. The dealer is saying it's a software problem and that a fix is coming soon. It seems that the info system is not linked to the car engine as on the dashboard it shows the correct number of miles to the next fill up. Has anyone else had this issue.

Super Moderator

Same issue.

Sadly OP has not been back to update if resolved or not...

Registered
I collected my Stonic a week last Saturday and experienced the same message within 400 yards of leaving the supplying dealer. I took the vehicle back to the dealership, the sales staff claimed that they weren't aware of any fault. The sales manager encouraged me to take the vehicle and promised that the service manager would call me the following Monday. He advised me that it was a known fault to which they were awaiting a resolve and would call me in due course.
I have logged a call with customer care asking whether this is a known fault as the dealer suggested, they said that they weren't aware of any issues and advised that I contact the dealer again.
I find it incredulous that the dealers knowingly continue to sell faulty vehicles.

Registered
The vehicle was supplied full of fuel, it was filled up on the morning of collection.

As you rightly say I am amazed it wasn't picked up at the pre delivery inspection particularly as it apparently a known fault.

When driving a new vehicle for the first time it is very disconcerting to have error messages flash up at you. Had I been forwarned of the possibility and told that it was not detrimental to the running of said vehicle I may no be so quite wound up about it.

The matter of fact way it has been dealt with by the dealer and customer care doesn't bode well for good customer relations.

This is my fourth Kia, how swift the resolve is will determine whether it will be my last.

Registered
I have the same issue with my 21 Rio GT-Line S. have had the issue since the first time fully filling the fuel tank after collecting from the dealership back in early Nov.

If anyone has had any further experience and information on this, it would be great to know! I do intend on taking my car in, but would like to go in knowing it would be a fix as simple as a software update or whether it is a bigger issue that would require taking the car apart鈥

Registered
I have logged a call with Customer care, they generated a case number but told me they were not aware of any issues. The service manager told me it was aknown fault and they were expecting a resolve shortly.
This conflicting information does't instill confidence particularly as the fault appears to have been around since early November.
Come on Kia, get your act together and tell us what is going on

Registered
With this in mind, I assume you haven鈥檛 taken your car in? Did the Service Manager indicate whether it was a software (fixable via a software update) issue or an issue related to hardware?

Registered
Is this for petrol or diesel Stonic and is it for Gt-Line S?
My car is a Stonic 1 litre mild hybrid.
The fault on the car has now been rectified by the supplying dealer at Wolverton who have been very helpful I finding a resolve yo this issue. They carried out a software update which has cured the fuel gauge error message. I also had issues with the lane departure warning system which has also been rectified.
I am amazed that Kia haven't contacted customers to make them aware that the issue can be resolved by a visit to the dealership, even more amazed that dealers are still supplying vehicles without the update being carried out.

Super Moderator
My problem has been resolved by a software fix. I agree with the comments. This must be a known fault yet they are almost in denial.
To be fair if they have fixed the issue so they are not in denial.
Letters will no doubt come from dealers.

Super Moderator
It would appear that the Kia dealers do not use a pre delivery test and inspection checklist.
Given that these are not new to the customer cars, but ones where the error was reported to the dealers after purchase for a fix (Note OP is 2 months old). So even being part of the PDI would have made no difference.

I would expect with a message like this on screen, that customers would have already been in touch with dealers about it.

But I would expect that a update like this would be informed to dealers who could then update any cars they have in stock, and inform any customers they have sold a car too.

Seem to remember something that PDI is done when cars arrive in UK & are checked over. Then shipped out to dealers.

Registered
Ditto! New out of the box Stonic Connect 71 plate and exactly the same problem. Clearly this is still not on the dealers radar for pre delivery action. Additionally the map is also out of date.
Anybody out there with a recent purchase that IS working that can share a pic of their software / firmware status?

Attachments

Registered
MY21 Stonic GT-Line S ISG MHEV iMT - sw220211 - map14.47.48.631.401.5
Mine is working, 71 plate

map isnt up to date but im going to wait a little longer as they iron out the latest 'here' maps integration teething issues.
See my signature for details.

Have you tried accessing the Engineering Menu? What does it say?

Super Moderator
Ditto! New out of the box Stonic Connect 71 plate and exactly the same problem. Clearly this is still not on the dealers radar for pre delivery action. Additionally the map is also out of date.
Anybody out there with a recent purchase that IS working that can share a pic of their software / firmware status?
PDI does not include software or navigation. That is all set at the factory or when they are checked at port before sending to dealers.

Registered
Mine is working, 71 plate

map isnt up to date but im going to wait a little longer as they iron out the latest 'here' maps integration teething issues.
See my signature for details.

Have you tried accessing the Engineering Menu? What does it say?
Thanks! I鈥檝e compared my details to yours (signature) and it looks like my software is the same but the firmware isn鈥檛, or the Nav for that matter.

Registered
Email from the dealers 鈥渒nows nothing of the insufficient fuel issue鈥, will check why the currency of the software wasn鈥檛 checked when the vehicle arrived in the uk. iooi as you said!

Where is the engineering menu, to save me wading through the atrociously compiled manual.

And thanks all for the input

Super Moderator
Email from the dealers 鈥渒nows nothing of the insufficient fuel issue鈥, will check why the currency of the software wasn鈥檛 checked when the vehicle arrived in the uk. iooi as you said!

Where is the engineering menu, to save me wading through the atrociously compiled manual.

And thanks all for the input
I would go to another dealer. This is a known issue, as this thread is 4 months old & was resolved by a software update 3 months ago.

I would not even bother with trying to hack the infotainment software & risk them blaming you for the problem.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.