Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

I represent a British manufacturer of Sports exhausts based in Surrey. Our speciality is supercars, and we’re presently seeking a KIA Stinger GT S 3.3 for an exciting new development.

The process will take around 8 days and the owner will get to drive away with a world-class exhaust worth a substantial four-figure sum. Giving your Stinger GT S the soundtrack it deserves!

I have contacted the site support, who have allowed me to post this thread and would ask any interested parties to contact me directly for more information – we would be delighted to hear from you.

Please call 01428 687722 and ask for Ollie or click here to email me

I look forward to telling you more about us, and the process.

Ollie

·
Registered
42 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Good video! Sounds nice. It was mentioned that the cat delete won't make it fail the MOT, what is the detail behind that?

I'm still slightly confused about why Kia didn't make any effort with the exhaust considering the amount of detail they went into with the rest of the vehicle!

What will the exhaust retail at?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Good video! Sounds nice. It was mentioned that the cat delete won't make it fail the MOT, what is the detail behind that?

I'm still slightly confused about why Kia didn't make any effort with the exhaust considering the amount of detail they went into with the rest of the vehicle!

What will the exhaust retail at?
As far as i’m aware the primary cat reduces the emissions to below the requirement of the MOT test and the s compartment cat delete still looks like a cat so will not give away to an mot tester that the cat has been interfered with and as for the standard exhaust they told me at quicksilver once they had removed it that it was one of the most restrictive exhaust systems that they had seen in a long time. Apparently the standard boxes have a spring loaded flap that only lets the gas out under quite considerable pressure otherwise it just kind of seeps out so not a very efficient design also they can seize over time and cause problems with back pressure returning to the engine etc and it’s only real purpose is to keep the exhaust quiet. So KIA made an incredible car but a very badly designed exhaust system. I’m sure most GTS owners wouldn’t mind a bit of sound from their V6’s I don’t know why KIA went to so much trouble to keep the car quiet.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Cracking video thanks for linking it.

How have you found it so far, any concerns ?

Thanks again, shame the price is readily available on their website...guess I might have to send them a message.
It’s great i’m in love with the sound of the car now, it suits the car perfectly. As they say in their video it’s not too loud like a Chaved up boy racer and it’s not too quiet like standard either, it has a nice Deep purr when cruising through town and a nice throaty sound when at high rev’s. Also they seem to have cracked it perfectly as there is virtually no drone when cruising on the motorway etc. I would definitely recommend it, don’t have a bad word to say about it, however I didn’t have to pay for it as I was their test bed and in my honest opinion now they have released the retail price I do think it is a tad bit expensive. Although the quality in materials and workmanship is all there so I guess the price matches the quality. But FYI it is £1380.00 for the cat back section and if you want the secondary cat deletes they’re an additional £586.00 so the full system as I have is £1966.00 and that is just for the system you then need to pay someone to fit it, unless you fit yourself as I believe it is all bolt on no welding involved. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
New Development Opportunity May 2020
Hello!

Following the success of our original exhaust development, we’ve been approached by a U.S.-based owners group to create a louder “SuperSport” system.

We plan revise the internal design of the rear muffler, providing increased projection without making it sound obnoxious. To do this we require a vehicle from Monday-Friday at our Surrey HQ.

If any forum members are seeking improved volume, tone and performance from their Stinger 3.3 please contact me directly: 01428 687722 and ask for Ollie or click here to email me.

The exhaust will be supplied on very agreeable terms, I look forward to telling you more about the process.

Best regards,

Ollie

I have contacted the site support, who have allowed me to update this thread

·
Registered
1 Posts
New Development Opportunity May 2020
Hello!

Following the success of our original exhaust development, we’ve been approached by a U.S.-based owners group to create a louder “SuperSport” system.

We plan revise the internal design of the rear muffler, providing increased projection without making it sound obnoxious. To do this we require a vehicle from Monday-Friday at our Surrey HQ.

If any forum members are seeking improved volume, tone and performance from their Stinger 3.3 please contact me directly: 01428 687722 and ask for Ollie or click here to email me.

The exhaust will be supplied on very agreeable terms, I look forward to telling you more about the process.

Best regards,

Ollie

I have contacted the site support, who have allowed me to update this thread
Hi, do you do a system for the 2.0l petrol stinger?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Ollie, I am tempted but would have to eliminate warranty concerns first. This would probably be best for a 2017 or 2018 owner with the quieter original exhaust.

Would you be able to provide a car during the week in question?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ollie, I am tempted but would have to eliminate warranty concerns first. This would probably be best for a 2017 or 2018 owner with the quieter original exhaust.

Would you be able to provide a car during the week in question?

Many thanks.
Hi! This exhaust is a bolt-on fit and should not invalidate a warranty.

Our insurance covers your car for the duration of its stay with us, but we don't have courtesy cars or the appropriate insurance to cover you on our own demonstrators. We appreciate being without your car for 5 days is an inconvenience, which is why the resulting system is supplied at a ballistic price

We have supplied numerous exhausts for post-September 2018 cars with the particulate filters too.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Thanks Ollie. Need my car every day at the moment. I’m sure you will find interest on here soon.
Cheers
Dunc

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Ollie,

Sadly up in York so a bit far to travel to assist. Have just been looking at your website though and can you confirm the price for the exhaust is now £690? Is that for a cat back system?

Seems a great price and a few on the forum may be tempted at that price!

Regards

Alex

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Ollie,

Sadly up in York so a bit far to travel to assist. Have just been looking at your website though and can you confirm the price for the exhaust is now £690? Is that for a cat back system?

Seems a great price and a few on the forum may be tempted at that price!

Regards

Alex
Hey Alex,

Yes, a U.S. based forum have arranged a group buy for the forthcoming supersport system - hence the keen pricing you've noticed.

I'm still seeking a suitable development vehicle (ideally pre September 2018 reg) and would urge any interested parties to contact me using the links above.

All the best,

Ollie

1 - 19 of 19 Posts