Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow members.

I am new to the forum so here goes.

We purchased our Sportage (manual) just 12 months ago.It is an 07 registration and unfortunately we have had a few bad experiences with the car which are continuing.

Firstly the fuel pump actually came away from the side of the engine.Although the repair onlyconsisted of replacement bolts the cost was £250.00 l+m .Not a good start.Since then the engine kept going into limp mode.Turbo began whining.Took it to Kia dealer.Told me it needed a new turbo.Couldn't afford a new one so sent the existing for full refurubishment.This was refitted but engine was still as bad.No power.Was told it required replacement solenoid.This was replaced and car seemed to run ok but within days it was going into limp mode and still is.When it does this sometimes the check light comes on and sometimes it doesn't.Cost of all this last work,including full 40,000 service,was £1400.00 and car is still going into limp mode.

Has anybody got any ideas as to what is wrong?I can't afford to keep on paying out this kind of money,which,quite frankly,is outrageous for a car that is not yet 4 years old.

Dave.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My fault.I purchased the car thinking it had still two years of a five year warranty still to run.I came down to earth with a bump when I tried to claim for the fuel pump,only to be informed that the car had a three year warranty from new which of course had expired.I checked with Kia and for some inexplicable reason they confirmed the 3 year warranty was correct.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'ld be suing the Kia dealer myself. Its for them to diagnose and fix a problem.
If they diagnose it wrongly and work they do does not fix the issue it isnt your fault, it's theirs.

Slim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts