then it still update screen like attached photo
reverse camera works

i try the keyboard solution (ALT + Print screen +E) but no thing happened
Gadget Font Output device Gas Electronic device

·
Super Moderator
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
2,422 Posts
Have you tried the reset button, the pin hole near the volume control. Otherwise turn off the main fuse switch, drivers side fuse panel and leave for 10-15 minutes before switching on.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you tried the reset button, the pin hole near the volume control. Otherwise turn off the main fuse switch, drivers side fuse panel and leave for 10-15 minutes before switching on.
Yes I try reset button pin hole for several times (once, Twice >>>>)
i removed Car Battery for 8 hours
nothing changed
I will try the fuse switch infuse panel and will replay to you

thank you

·
Banned
5,227 Posts
Update processes usually go to great lengths to ensure that an update completes cleanly because applying say half an update is likely to cause corrupted code. It might be necessary to actually complete the update process by supplying it with the appropriate files. There might be a timeout - have you tried just leaving it on for a while?

·
Super Moderator
2,422 Posts
Update processes usually go to great lengths to ensure that an update completes cleanly because applying say half an update is likely to cause corrupted code. It might be necessary to actually complete the update process by supplying it with the appropriate files. There might be a timeout - have you tried just leaving it on for a while?
Turnup, this member pressed the update button when they didn't have an update ready. I suspect the process is now trying to detect the update files and is stuck in a loop. No I don't know why they did either. I would pull the power and leave it for 20 minutes to see if it that would resolve this.

·
Banned
5,227 Posts
Turnup, this member pressed the update button when they didn't have an update ready. I suspect the process is now trying to detect the update files and is stuck in a loop. No I don't know why they did either. I would pull the power and leave it for 20 minutes to see if it that would resolve this.
I understood that, The OP has already left the car entirely without power for 8 hours to no effect, I still think that any decent software would time out on attemptig to read an update which is not there. The other option is simply to install an empty USB memory in the hope that the process will fail the update because the correct files are not there.

·
Super Moderator
2,422 Posts
@Turnup Apologies I missed the 8 hours note. I agree there should be a time out, but I've known more than one or two systems get into death loops. If the power has been off for that long, all the memory on the system should have cleared.
I am not clear on something, did the OP plug a USB stick in and then press the Update button? If they did what was on the USB? Also can we clear up the model year? I thought 2016+ was when Kia started using SD Cards.
I am beginning to fear the worst.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thank you
its like this for 8 days
nothing happened
and i dont have any files for it
is there any update files to download and use it via SD or USP?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ya i pulled negative power for 8 hours and nothing happened
also i removed its fuse from fuse box A15 fuse for Audio and NAV system , the screen turned off and nothing happened

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I understood that, The OP has already left the car entirely without power for 8 hours to no effect, I still think that any decent software would time out on attemptig to read an update which is not there. The other option is simply to install an empty USB memory in the hope that the process will fail the update because the correct files are not there.
I copied the SD card files for the USB flash and put it in USB blug in the car
also nothing happened

really its confusing

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@Turnup Apologies I missed the 8 hours note. I agree there should be a time out, but I've known more than one or two systems get into death loops. If the power has been off for that long, all the memory on the system should have cleared.
I am not clear on something, did the OP plug a USB stick in and then press the Update button? If they did what was on the USB? Also can we clear up the model year? I thought 2016+ was when Kia started using SD Cards.
I am beginning to fear the worst.
there was no thing in the usb stick its only my mobile connected for charging

the car model 2017 Kia Sportage diesel 1700 Korean origin

thank you

·
Registered
2017 Sportage GT Line S - 1.6T DCT
500 Posts
Why would you try to instigate an update when you don't have the update files....?
I'm speechless....

·
Super Moderator
Niro 2020 HEV 4
6,868 Posts
Given the message on screen. Then turning off. "Bricked it" springs to mind....

i try the keyboard solution (ALT + Print screen +E) but no thing happened
In relation to what?

·
Registered
2017 Sportage GT Line S - 1.6T DCT
500 Posts
You've taken the unit out of the car?
You don't need to take it out to update it....

I'm afraid I don't have much sympathy here. You've been meddling with stuff that you really shouldn't...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts