Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage 1.6 CRDi 134 ISG DCT Auto
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 Kia Sportage 1.6 134bhp diesel automatic that tows my lightweight caravan easily.
Unfortunately the car is leased until Jan 23 and I cannot buy it as leasing does not have a Balloon payment at the end.
I am intending to replace it with an identical car or a 2.0 litre auto diesel model.
I believe the towing limit for my existing car is 1600. Could anyone confirm this figure please and advise as to whether a 2.0 litre model would tow more and enable us to the upgrade caravan as and when.
Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
3,667 Posts
You don't say what year you are looking for but the specification for my 2020 2.0l Sportage is posted below. The two right hand columns are the 2.0l, Ive marked them Manual & Auto. We have towed a two berth Elddis which had a maximum weight of 1350kg and the combination was a delight. We are currently waiting for a new caravan (delivery a month overdue :() but it is bigger with a maximum weight of 1550kg and I think it will be fine.
Note: image is from 2020 specification sheet.

Attachments

Reactions: Westcountryman

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2016 2.0l diesel auto and i tow a 1500 kg sterling caravan....it tows great and in 3 years have had no problems.Even though it is rated at 2200kgs this is impossible as the towing vehicle will be lighter than the vehicle it is towing,therefore it is against the law.''Tail wagging the dog,'' so to speak..hope this helps.

·
Registered
on order GTs hybrid 4wd
376 Posts
I have a 2016 2.0l diesel auto and i tow a 1500 kg sterling caravan....it tows great and in 3 years have had no problems.Even though it is rated at 2200kgs this is impossible as the towing vehicle will be lighter than the vehicle it is towing,therefore it is against the law.''Tail wagging the dog,'' so to speak..hope this helps.
I think you will find it's not against the law.

·
Super Moderator
3,667 Posts
Finally got around to sorting the image, it now shows the weights and each diesel engine for the 2020 cars, although Kia dropped the 2.0l engine not long after we bought ours. Pity, it's a good tow car. Personally I would avoid exceeding the manufacturers towing limit, prefering to keeping well inside it, but that is just me, others will differ. I do hope the original poster is alive and well.
Product Rectangle Font Material property Parallel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts