Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took delivery of a Brand New Sportage KX3 SAT NAV Manual on 20th December but my little girl cannot see out of the window. I have another baby on the way and always enjoyed talking about things outside so I am going to get rid of it.

I am within the 14 Days Cancellation Period with the Finance Company and they have agreed I can Terminate but the Dealer refuses to take the Car Back and says there is no cooling off period.

Any Advice?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Dealer would take the car back I guess at your loss. Remember it's second hand now and a dealer will not want to lose out. Can't blame them really it is the same with clothes you have no right to a refund because you change your mind, only if it is faulty. Sorry I am with the dealer on this as a big investment like a car should have been thoroughly researched.

Kids grow too!

·
Registered
887 Posts
dixie1471 said:
I am within the 14 Days Cancellation Period with the Finance Company and they have agreed I can Terminate but the Dealer refuses to take the Car Back and says there is no cooling off period.

Any Advice?

The cooling off period applies to the finance product only, i.e you can choose after doing the deal to pay of the finance in full for a set or no fee as described in the T&Cs.

Dealer has no such cooling of period, it would be anarchy, the less honest people out there would be having 'free' car hire at 13 days at a time!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You are spot on. I understand this now but didnt at the time. You live and learn they say. I have put the Car for Sale on Ebay so when a buyer comes along I will be out of this mess. Thanks for your reply. Nigel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts