Kia Owners Club Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hi guys just had Kia on the phone to me saying that the Amplifier in the boot is draining my battery is this possible?

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Have you tried switching the radio off before switching ignition off. This should then switch off the amplifier whilst parked.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hi guys what the normal Multi meter reader on a plastic drain my battery is showing 00.50 to 00.70 is this normal or to high

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi. If the battery is reading good. As daft as it sounds it might be a earth issue were the battery earth connects to the body. Worth cleaning this up. Also the audio unit can cause a drain if internal fault. The only way to confirm this is to disconnect each thing until you find it can be a drawn out process. When you say you disconnect the isg where are you doing this?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I have put a new amp in and the reading is showing about 00.50 to 00.34 and the highest is 00.70

·
Registered
35 Posts
That's does seem high but it depends on what reading you have your multi meter on. Is that with the battery disconnect and locking the car completely?

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you lift the tailgate up, there should be a insert in the trim you can plop out then it should just twist out with the bulb holder.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts