Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, have just returned back from holiday and the cars engine management like has come on and a big loss in power (seems to kick in and out). It’s also making a very strange noise, like an loud whirring noise intermittently when I accelerate. I’ve just plugged it in to a scanner and comes up with P0299 turbocharger supercharger underboost. I’m not driving it. Kia can’t see it until the end of FEB.

Any ideas on what it could be. It’s under warranty but I can’t wait until the end of February so tempted to get it in the local garage, not sure at what cost?

thanks
adam

·
Registered
2017 GT Line S 1.6 Petrol AWD
132 Posts
has the turbo pipe blown off?

·
Registered
2018 Sportage 3 1.7crdi, 2007 Picanto 1.1
71 Posts
Hi all, have just returned back from holiday and the cars engine management like has come on and a big loss in power (seems to kick in and out). It’s also making a very strange noise, like an loud whirring noise intermittently when I accelerate. I’ve just plugged it in to a scanner and comes up with P0299 turbocharger supercharger underboost. I’m not driving it. Kia can’t see it until the end of FEB.

Any ideas on what it could be. It’s under warranty but I can’t wait until the end of February so tempted to get it in the local garage, not sure at what cost?

thanks
adam
Is it petrol or diesel. What's age and mileage.

·
Registered
2018 Sportage 3 1.7crdi, 2007 Picanto 1.1
71 Posts
Is it outlet pipe to induction manifold? Tighten it up and see .
Sorry it would gp to intercooler but even so if it's loose then turbocharged air is sent out to atmosphere instead of cylinders. With the other symptoms you've given seems likely it is a loose pipe as suggested previously. They are usually attached with some sort of jubilee clip

1 - 7 of 7 Posts