Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you have this model?

I Currently have an Optima GT Line S (2017) ( Kia Approved Model ) which is coming to the end of a PCP in a few weeks and just looking at possibly swapping it for another model ( Kia Approved ).

With 4 adults in the family looking for something with plenty of leg room in the back, due to Covid I have not yet had the chance to sit in one. I have read a couple of reviews suggesting it is not the best ride over poor surfaces. My Optima didn't have the smoothest of rides.

Any views, advice should I or shoudn't I? being quoted a cash price of £25,000 less the usual deposit etc.

·
Super Moderator
3,410 Posts
I don't have exactly the same car, but I also read the ride is harsh and this was something that concerned me. We swapped from a Sportage KX-2, which ran on the 17" wheels and was a comfortable ride, to the GT-Line which runs on the 19" wheels. I was so concerned the dealer let me have a GT-Line for a day to see what we thought of it. I personally haven't noticed a huge difference in the ride and if anything the steering is more precise and reassuring.
I can't comment on rear passenger space, for most journey's there is just me and her.
This is only my opinion and we are happy with our choice.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Currently having a 2021 Sportage GT Line S DCT AWD (same body as the 2018/20) I would say there is certainly enough room in the vehicle for 4 average sized adults.

Plonking a 5th person in the middle rear seat makes things a bit tight on in the shoulder regions though (and the person in the middle doesn’t get a heated seat). Legroom is fine though.

As for the ride, having moved from a 2018 Hyundai Tucson on 17 inch wheels to the Sportage GT Line S on 19 inch wheels, I would say there isn’t a great deal of difference between the two.

·
Registered
2017 Sportage GT Line S - 1.6T DCT
522 Posts
The biggest concern is the 1.6 MHEV engine failure issues.
There is now a recall/modification which Kia hope will stop them failing - but it's early days to see if it does actually work....

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The biggest concern is the 1.6 MHEV engine failure issues.
There is now a recall/modification which Kia hope will stop them failing - but it's early days to see if it does actually work....
Thanks for that, now considering keeping the Optima as it appears the problem headlights have been sorted, also not sure if the boot in the Sportage is as big as the Optima.

Still got 3 weeks to decide, would have liked to have gone for a Skoda Superb but getting one with similar extras to the Optima would push the price well north of £35,000 for a new one.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Stick wth the Optima especially now they can fix the lights - denied there was an issue when I brought it to their attention in 2017

I've got the Tucson now, first mild hybrid broken gearbox after less than 100 miles, rejected it and got the pre-48v diesel. Boot space and rear leg room lot less than the Optima

WRT to toys per pound, you can't beat either of these cars. Pty the mpg is so poor

·
Registered
Sportage 4 T-gdi
385 Posts
What you have to do is decide your driving characteristics primarily.
Local mileage is ok for hybrids (unless you hate diseasels and like to spend money).
Diseasels are ok if you like to pay more for fuel and swap your car every 5 minutes.
Petrol doesn't stink like a tractor.
I run tgdi/lpg so that's less than half price fuel.
How long do you kèep your cars so that you can get value?
Your choice really...... :rolleyes: do the sums.
Bus is cheaper, or pushbike/ walking. But performance is less than optimal cost.......
If you have issues with mpg, there's always the bus. But that costs too. Do the sums.
Your choice - no-one else knows what you need.
Optima/Sportage/summat else - gizza chance to help ffs.
Did you get sorted or not?

There again, why do we bother when you don't contribute?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts