Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I currently have a 65ate Kia Sportage, recently the Bluetooth has stopped working on this, says Bluetooth not ready. I took it into the garage and they didn’t know how to fix this. I was looking at upgrading the head unit, I currently have a reversing camera so was looking to add the head unit with sat nav / apple car play etc. Has any one done this before? Is it an easy / costly process? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Kirstie, i've just shared the radio install I did on our 2013 Sportage - here - I know this is a little older than yours but you might be interested to see how it looks. I did this myself, as I have an electrical engineering background and it was pretty straightforward. Obviously though I wouldn't recommend it for a beginner, but I will say that it was certainly easier than other cars i've worked on...

·
Registered
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
1,415 Posts
Hello,
I currently have a 65ate Kia Sportage, recently the Bluetooth has stopped working on this, says Bluetooth not ready. I took it into the garage and they didn’t know how to fix this. I was looking at upgrading the head unit, I currently have a reversing camera so was looking to add the head unit with sat nav / apple car play etc. Has any one done this before? Is it an easy / costly process? Thanks in advance.
Have you tried deleting the bluetooth connection on both the car and your phone, then try a reconnect. Occasionally errors on the link can cause it to stop working.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Failing that try a hard reset. Some of the units have a tiny pinhole reset button, or via the menu. Failing even that then remove the fuse in the cabin fuse box and leave it for 30 minutes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts