Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Kia sportage 3 automatic 2020
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my kia sportage is less than 2 years old only done 10,000 miles and yet has been in garage four times for transmission temperature fault- overheating and burning smell. Clutch was replaced 5 months ago and I thought issue was resolved but happened again last weekend and is now back in garage. Garage advised not to drive car if this light it coming on. I wondered if anyone else is having problems with this as interestingly a friend advised her friend’s 2021 sportage has just overheated and kia had said they have had lots of issues with this in hot weather. Also when collecting hire car the rental company stated they have had lots of people in with kia sportage problems due to ‘engine fault’.
thanks

·
Super Moderator
10,536 Posts
Hi & Welcome.
There is a known Sportage issue here which affects MHEV versions.

But that is different to yours. Not seen anyone complaining about overheating, even in hot weather.

·
Super Moderator
3,809 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Apparently the Kia & Hyundai DCT boxes can overheat, although how common it is I wouldn't like to say. There is a thread Overheated DCT Box where it happened when towing trailer and it is mentioned a couple of times in the DCT Driving Tips thread (it is worth reading through).
The Search Community facility is your forum friend. ;)

Reactions: Westcountryman

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi & Welcome.
There is a known Sportage issue here which affects MHEV versions.

But that is different to yours. Not seen anyone complaining about overheating, even in hot weather.
thanks that’s interesting as this is my model and age and yet I haven’t had a recall notice.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have phoned my dealership apparently they did the recall work in Jan 22 when car was in with transmission temperature fault but didn’t make me aware of this. They did say this can fail and may need done again. But interestingly they did say every time they see a breakdown recovery truck coming into their garage they know it’s a sportage as lots of problems at the moment. Enterprise rental told me that they were aware of engine problem with Kia sportages too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts