Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was quickly wanting to get to the kia website to look at something and typed in kia uk in Google was shocked to see listing for the New kia sportage 2012 under the main site. Dont pick mine up till next week please tell they have not released an updated version already and they have only changed the date from 2011 ?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I picked mine up on the 28th Jan 2012, and
it's the same as 2011, I say that there is a good 5 years without changes also
it's one of the best desirable cars all over <?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Europe</st1:place>
at the moment,so Kia is on to a winner this baby sells it's self.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes thats what I was looking for to be honest going to kick myself if they were to add that later this year

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Hi toolpusher, <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
<O:p></O:p>
We're really pleased you've chosen a Sportage as your new car ""“ the comments on this thread are great for us to see. <O:p></O:p>
At the moment we don't have any plans to release a 2.2 litre Sportage. You'll be pleased to know that your new car isn't being superseded just yet.<O:p></O:p>
Your comment, along with those made by HGF69, about wanting a larger engine is great feedback for us. We'll report this back to our design teams so they know what our customers are looking for. <O:p></O:p>
Please keep the suggestions coming, we enjoy reading them. Who knows, you may see your ideas on the next car we build!<O:p></O:p>
Kia Customer Service <O:p></O:p>
0845 6017521<O:p></O:p>
Visit www.kia.co.uk<O:p></O:p>
Join In www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk<O:p></O:p>
Enjoy www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk<O:p></O:p>
Call centre opening hours:<O:p></O:p>
Monday to Wednesday: 8.30am - 6pm<O:p></O:p>
Thursday: 9.30am - 6pm<O:p></O:p>
Friday: 8.30am - 6pm<O:p></O:p>
Saturday: 9am - 1pm<O:p></O:p>Sunday: ClosedEdited by: Kia Customer Service

·
Registered
974 Posts
Sunglass holder in the roof

<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Sort the handbook descriptions / English out

Make all the switch gear / buttons illuminate

Do something with the centre console storage rather than it just being a big hole

Add some more 'hidden from sight' storage for sat nav's, wallets, keys etc

Where possible, make all the aboveavailable to fit the models already out there

WD

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
<DIV ="Section1">
Thanks WD, we've addedyour suggestions on.
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
Kia Customer Service <O:p></O:p>
0845 6017521<O:p></O:p>
Visit www.kia.co.uk<O:p></O:p>
Join In www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk<O:p></O:p>
Enjoy www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk<O:p></O:p>
Call centre opening hours:<O:p></O:p>
Monday to Wednesday: 8.30am - 6pm<O:p></O:p>
Thursday: 9.30am - 6pm<O:p></O:p>
Friday: 8.30am - 6pm<O:p></O:p>
Saturday: 9am - 1pm<O:p></O:p>
Sunday: Closed<O:p></O:p>
<BR style="PAGE-BREAK-BEFORE: always; mso-break-: section-break" clear=all>Edited by: Kia Customer Service

·
Registered
10 Posts
Something I don't understand is that heated steering wheel is not available in the nordic/north-europe countries. Iv seen Canadian people have stated that they got it, but hey, we got -20C now and im freezing off my fingers ;)

Trondheim, Norway

Edited by: Muttok

·
Registered
226 Posts
Kia Customer Service said:
Hi toolpusher,

We're really pleased you've chosen a Sportage as your new car ""“ the comments on this thread are great for us to see.

At the moment we don't have any plans to release a 2.2 litre Sportage. You'll be pleased to know that your new car isn't being superseded just yet.

Your comment, along with those made by HGF69, about wanting a larger engine is great feedback for us. We'll report this back to our design teams so they know what our customers are looking for.

Please keep the suggestions coming, we enjoy reading them. Who knows, you may see your ideas on the next car we build!

Kia Customer Service
0845 6017521
Visit www.kia.co.uk
Join In www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk
Enjoy www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk

Call centre opening hours:
Monday to Wednesday: 8.30am - 6pm
Thursday: 9.30am - 6pm
Friday: 8.30am - 6pm
Saturday: 9am - 1pmSunday: Closed

How about having the 2.0 petrol turbo engine then? Now that would be nice.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Change the feeble horn.
Make the rear seat heater switches turn off like the front ones do!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Have to agree the horn is a bit naff - think the 2.0l donk is fine though and certainly flies along !

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Good to see KCS are taking an active interest.
My wish list:-
· As everyone else has said, change that poor excuse of a horn.
· Lights on all the buttons, door & roof. (need a light to find the map light)
· Center console lighting where the i-Pod/USB panel is ""“ can't see anything at night ""“ maybe a downwash light a la Mini which is located in the rear view mirror.
· Rear seat heating that resets.
· A better Sat Nav unit ""“ say Pioneer with Telemaps which has free TMC & safety camera data base as well as lots of other features.
· Fold Flat rear seats.
· Brighter turn lights.
· Proper recessed stowage for a Fire Extinguisher ""“ mine is kept were the spare wheel is ""“ not readily accessible but is not in the way of the luggage.
· And maybe as an option, a Webasto heater would be really nice to combat the cold in the age of global warming.
· But please do not change the exterior styling, if anything twin pipes as the Sportage SX in the US market.
http://bagyocar.com/2011/07/17/kia-sportage-sx-turbo/kia-sportage-sx-rear-view/

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
pilotage said:
It's obviously the button that turns the front ceiling lights on when the front doors are open.

Yours must be broken... mine turns them off.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Wing mirrors that fold away when you lock the car and unfold when you unlock it.

Better horn!

Illuminated door switches!

More realistic MPG in your advertising brochures........

1 - 18 of 18 Posts