Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Just looking for a bit of advice regarding pricing please.
Bought a 2011 sportage with 35000 on the clock.... 10k later the back brakes were making a noise...
The garage said we needed all pads,disks and callipers(they were seized) replaced.
I got a price back of £1100 inc vat fitted.
Is this a good price?
Also I got charged £400 for 1 x drivers side spring and 2 x new front tyres?
The garage reply was Kia products were expensive.
If anyone could give me info.... just to see if the price was ok??
many thanks
Will

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi, you are looking at a couple of hundred quid in parts. Discs and pads may need replacing, normally cleaning the calipers correctly would free them, unless excessive heat has fried the seals. My rear pad change took me less than an hour most of that time spent getting stuff out and tidying up.
I am aware that we are not all capable of doing such work. I am not a one for garages, I don't want to say they take advantage but I am sure that some do. I would get a second or third opinion or get a local recommendation.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Quick check on Eurocarparts making a presumption that your vehicle is a 1.7 2WD. Pagid Discs and Pads (premium brand and slightly more expensive) with their current offer of minus 40% (They have more sales than DFS) £97.77 inc VAT.
There are other deals through GSF and Carparts4less.
They also supply the rear calipers (Pagid) with the current discount for £356.66 inc VAT.
That's a total of £454.43.
Brand new parts, no fettling. An hours labour.

Someone is trying to have you over big time!

Common problem on rear calipers is the sliders corrode and stick. Disassembly and a bit of maintenance may bring them back to life. If the main piston is corroded in its probably toast. The low mileage suggests the vehicle has done a lot of standing around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts