Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi , i have a sportage 2.0 diesel 2005 ,4x4 somtimes it wont start but engine turns over fine battery seems good , if i plug in the obd scanner it says no codes are stored , but if i hit reset a few times it starts and runs great , , now i did have a small problem with the egr valve last year and i suspect the auto electrician reset it and turned off the mill at the same time could this egr valve be causing me the same problem ?

regards
rob

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi Rob
When you say you hit the reset a few times do you mean turning the ignition on, if so it could be you have a problem with one or more of the glow plugs failing?

For what they cost its worth changing them after a couple of years.

Bob.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi sorry in the delay getting back to you , i had a issue getting in to my account , all sorted now though , ok , when i posted this the car wouldnt start , the engine management light was off , i used a scanner to check for problems and nothing was stored in the vehicle it said so i pressed erase and hey presto all was good , but that was last year dec 2009 , . went out in car again to day and yep you guessed , wouldn start used scanner to read (nothing )stored again , pressed reset all was good again , this happened four maybe five times today while i was delivering items locally, but also the engine light is on aswell now , im thinking egr valve , as last year it came up with the code for that twice ,

regards

rob

sportage1

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi rob if MIL light is on, it should have some codes stored.
You could have an air leak on your fuel pipes?

Does it attemp to start or just turns over?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi , ive run the scanner and the mil is off , no codes store , it says . it starts fine when cold but when hot doesnt , i either have to try and use scanner to reset , or i have found waiting for it to cool down cures it too , im suspecting the crank sensor after reading up in forums as this little critter seems to have the same symptoms when goins u/s ,
thanks rob

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi Murphwiz would that not show up on a code on his scanner? seems like some think is going bad as it gets hotter? but even that should give him a code to put the MIL on?

Bob.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts