Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all just traded in my venga for a 2011 soul 2 diesel and while i am very happy with the car one thing i find irritating is that the drivers seat does not seem to go down low enough and indeed this could be compensated if the steering wheel was also telescopic which it isnt .im 6' 4" and find the seating position a tad uncomfortable ,has anyone else had this problem and if so is there some tips or solutions to this prob i.e could a telescopic steering wheel from the new soul be fitted or could the seat be lowered further kindest regards barry.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Being 5'4" I don't have a problem......but the seat should go down low enough and the steering wheel isflexible......Tempest is 6'4" and dosn't seem to have a problem and I'm sure he'll be in touch later.....heard about the SOUL meet in July.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fanx for the reply perhaps its something i gotta get used to :-( .havent heard anything about the meet though.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
6ft 4!!!...and the rest!!!.....lol. I thought the 2011 model had the telescoping wheel???....it was meant to be one of the upgrades, have you tried loosening the handle to adjust the column up and down and try giving it a tug towards you. I am 6ft 7 and dont have any problem on my non-telscoping column for space.

I doubt the column could be swapped, its a sealed unit and incorporates the electric steering so you are probably looking at a couple of grand to do it.

Some one on the USA forum has reangled the seat runners with spacers, but i dont know if its possible to remove height on the mountings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts