Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just taken delivery of a red (of course) Soul Samba. Thats the one with the lighting speakers and a superb sub-woofer stereo system. Only done 300 miles so far, but what joy. The car drives really well, no roll or sway, but the engine needs wearing in yet to get the best out of it.
Believe me folks........the future is bright, the future is SOUL.!
will keep you posted as much as possible, but feel free to ask any questions folks.

Cheers Jim.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Think you are wrong there. All UK Souls have the revised suspension. The recent road tests have been complimentary about the handling and ride.

·
Registered
887 Posts
When I was on the dealer launch I was told all press fleet were revised, but production models would be another 3 months, as they already had 3 months supply sitting at the docks.

·
Registered
887 Posts
wrexhamexile said:
Still no parcel shelf tho. 4000 miles and car is now loosening up micely.
Should be around now?
Dealers are suppossed to email sold vin's to kia to have a parcel shelf sent in, kia currently can't supply all stock models.

·
Registered
12 Posts
hi guys i have just taken delivery of a soul samba diesel great car except for a noisy tappet like tap tap sort of between 1500 and 2000 rpm is this a normal trait for the kia 1.6 diesel thanx in advance

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just taken delivery of a Soul Samba. So far so good . Drives really well, but still getting used to the engine revs when you pull away in first gear. Stalled it a few times so far.

Does any one know where I can by a real spare wheel. Ideally looking for a steel rim 18". Or if someone can tell me of a cheap alloy will go for that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys! We have had our Samba for just over 2 weeks now, she was bought used with 4k on the clock and she goes like a rocket! I have a slight tendancy to chuck cars around corners way faster than I should but amazingly so far I have not noticed any 'iffy' handling or cornering problems. This car is a dream to drive (for me anyway) and even my 37 inch long leglength has no problems getting comfy. (4 hour motorway drive and still no achey bones) I had wondered about the lack of parcel shelf too, although I would have only taken it out to get my wheelchair in lol. I love my car!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Front and Rear Mudflaps available from dealers price £25.43 per set or contact Gravells or Viking for club discount viking price £22.12 per set see home page for contact details

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi There,
I have just taken delivery of my samba (Yes I love it too) I asked about a set of Mudflaps at my dealership (Tollhouse Sussex). They quoted me a stagerring £90 fitted for a complete set. So Not sure if i buy the ones mentioned here and got them fitted elsewhere if that would void my Warrenty on the Corrosive undershield Rust.

Any thoughts....

·
Registered
2 Posts
By The way....
News News... I was at my dealership the other day (Tollhouse Sussex), and was told that the samba, has been ceased in production, and that a new range of Prestige Souls are coming out to replace already....One is going to be in the midnight blue colour and will be the same price as the samba... has anyone heard this rumour.

My New Samba is turning heads in good old rustington Sussex. people are coming up and asking to take pics of it and asking questions. Bodes well for the future 2nd car sales i hope.....

And Yes I love drining it. Just over a 1000 miles done in 3 weeks. The fuel is shaping up nicely filling up on petrol costing £40 per tank, and the miles are around 350 mark on a tank. Bit early for accurate consumption though....

Regards

Andy Rustington

·
Registered
887 Posts
Not a rumour, it's fact, samba's dropped, to be replaced by the Tempest.
They said at launch the top 3 models wil be on rotation, and be changed every so often.

·
Registered
11 Posts
any one else noticed how quiet this site really is..... sharing info on theses cars is very useful as when and ifproblems arise..... it would bevery beneficial to see if other Kia soul drivers are experinecing the same problem.... perhaps the problem is that Soul drivers may be doddery old or young peeps who are computer illerate... or just anti- social....

be nice to see a lot more spark in the forums... Kia drivers on the whole don't seem to be too enthusiastic about their motors..

·
Registered
662 Posts
welcome Nobbygecko we look forward to you posting more often then. Rusingtonsoul, fitting your own mudflaps has no effect on the paint and body warranty they are easy to fit so have a go.

·
Registered
11 Posts
thanks viking Paul... any comments from any customers on the mpg on the diesel... i guess you work in a kia dealership so any customers commented on the poor ( 46-48 mpg ) combined figure... mine is still only 6 months... 3000 on the clock....the comments from the dealer ship i brought it from were to hammer it but i doubt thats wise advise.....

·
Registered
662 Posts
would say 48 is about right they are all very tight up to about 8k we get so many diffrent responces to MPG figures some people tell me they get unbelievable figs one cust said he gets 50mpg from a sportage i cant get any more that 34mpg so often its personal driving style, journey type, and their adding up!
if you want more mpg read the hypermile web sites

·
Registered
11 Posts
thanks paul and thanks for chatting last week ..... just as an update the dealer ( ringway leeds ) has reset the ECU engine management chip apparently as their solution to the mpg issues....also fitted a black stripe ( but not across the roof as apparently only back and front stripes ) and finally got the service book and rear parcel shelf...

one extra thing is that the passenger side speaker vibrates badly when i'm listening to loud and heavy basey music... they have found a faulty 'fitted' door panel and have order an replacement but only problem is that kia i am told do not even manufacture them as spares yet..... any comments....

and all you other soul diesel drivers... any more feed back on mpg.......... the only real comparison i can have is from other drivers with the same car .....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts