Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is an old topic but with only 2500miles on it, my soul Echo has many paint chips on the rear wheels arches and pits/scratches where small stones have been EMBEDDED on the lower doors.

The paint seems very soft in this area.

Has anyone had an admission from Kia that there IS a paint problem? I love the car and intended to keep it long term, but after a few years it will look like a demented hedgehog.

Photos have been submitted to Kia via the dealer but the dealer gave me the usual crap about "no known paint problems".

I do not want to go down the clear film route on a new car, so any help would be most welcome.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Tempest has had a lot of paint problems as have several others,it is a bit perculiar this one as my 10 plate Tempest has a few odd chips but with 30k on it I expect some.The lower doors are fine on mine but give the dealer some stick as it would appear to be a known problem on the odd one or two Souls.I am not sure that it is on any other models ,it could be something to do with the soul painting plant that causes the problems which would appear to be intermitant.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
get your dealer behind you and contact Kia head office..... and dont take no for an answer - just keep going back. I know of about 4 cars in the UK that have been part resprayed at Kias expense..... but they will not admit liability. you need bigger mudflaps if you arent going down the clearbra route. But the nose will suffer too eventually if you dont.

Eventually Kia gave my supplying dealer a budget to fix my car.

Some cars just appear to have soft paint..... mine seemed to take over a year to harden up...... unfortunately it only took the first couple of weeks to do the damage.

And just to be clear - all car paint is garbage now - not just Kias..... its just that the Soul shape with the bluff nose and the bigger sticky out wheels - makes it worse.

Edited by: tempest

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Tempest, will do as you suggest, although this dealer was "named and shamed" for charging £70 to clean the brakes! Still you never know.

·
Registered
157 Posts
As a former Soul owner I got a complete respray, but it takes a good dealer- ship to pursue it on your behalf. Kia are very aware that there is a paint problem ,it may take a bit of perseverance but don`t give up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts