Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Kia Soul Tempest Automatic on a 60 plate so the car is 16 months old.

Have had no problems with the car until last night Parked it up left car in Park.

this morning car started fine but could not move the lever out of Park car has now had to recovered to supplying dealer any one else had the same issue

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I have heard of this before with automatics. People park on an incline, put the handbrake on but not quite fully, then put the car into P. Cos the handbrake isnt on fully the car moves slightly, its weight then hangs onto the transmission pawl locking it in P and the car cant then be disengaged. The usual trick is to rock/push it uphill to remove the tension and it will pop free.

I assume this is the issue. If so the remedy is to really yank the handbrake on fully first.

The electric steering can do something similar if you are turning it slightly as you switch the power off. You cant then switch the key on to start the engine cos its locked up with tension. Just rock the car to reduce the steering tension and it will start fine.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just had report from garage the problem is a broken gear selector mechanism there are none in the country so a part has got to be ordered from Korea never mind still love the car.

I have a courtesy car mind I hope its not off the road for long

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well hear we are nearly 3 weeks later and am experiencing Kia customer services the dealer asked on the 13 / Jan for the part .

Part not on system so Kia creat part on system on the 24/1 13 days later not happy and even after getting in touch with Kia customer service still no date for delivery of part.

Any one else had experience of Kia getting a part not readily kept in stock and Kia customer care in general because at the moment I would say a car off the road for nearly 3 weeks and I still do not know when the car will be repaired

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
i have heard of major body parts taking a long time to come as they probably come by container ship, but i recently got some smaller parts from Korea and they took about 10 days to arrive (they quoted me 40 days).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here we are 4 weeks to the day still no sign of part time to change car I think not impressed with Kia customer service

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am lucky its a leased car and I have asked to be let out of the lease I still have a loaned car its VX Astra 

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Hi cf47_craig, <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

We're really sorry you've had a problem with the gear selector.

This is a rare failure and because of this we unfortunately don't have replacement parts in the <?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">UK</st1:place></st1:country-region>. We're always reviewing our stocking levels and are making every effort to hold more parts in this country.

We'll continue to supply the courtesy car free of charge for you until your car is repaired and you're satisfied that your car is of outstanding quality again.

The customer services advisor who's monitoring your case has been trying to call you today ""“ we're sorry we missed you. We'll update you by email.

If you need any more information in the meantime, please give us a call on the below number.

Kia Customer Service
0845 6017521
Visit www.kia.co.uk
Join In www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk
Enjoy www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk

Call centre opening hours:
Monday to Wednesday: 8.30am - 6pm
Thursday: 9.30am - 6pm
Friday: 8.30am - 6pm
Saturday: 9am - 1pm
Sunday: Closed

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for comment above I still love the Kia Soul but I still am at a loss of why if the part is at the factory in Korea why it can not be sent by Air.

I am very great full for the loan car

·
Administrator
7,597 Posts
On delivery of mybrand newKia Venga7 weeks agoI noticed a bit of the dashboard trim was not interlinked and 'raised'. Turns out the lower lugs were snapped and they 'missed it'on thefactory pdi and my dealer (Wessex Motors Cardiff), missed it too on their pdi!.
Wessex have ordered the wrong part twice (had to take day off work twice as they have the car all day in their workshopthen onlyto work out they got the wrong part!) and now say part I need is not listed so no eta time yet as it must come from production line stock in Slovakia!

Thankfully as its only a dash trim part the car is perfectly useable...

Paul...Venga 3 Auto 1.6

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have just had notification that the ETA date is 20 / March 2012 so 67 days to supply a part for a new car the only good thing is at least I have been kept mobile

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
yep!!...come on Kia - thats taking the piss now.... surely there is a car in a compound that could be stripped for parts in a situation like this!!...... why does it have to come from Korea???..... surely kia have parts stock in closer countries?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The more I think about this the less understanding I feel cars are complicated things as we all know but 67 days to supply a gear selector mechanisim I agree with tempest abovethere must be a car in a compound to supply the partoverhall I do feel Kia are taking the piss I am just glad I have got the leasing company on my side who have been extreamly helpfull and understanding

Edited by: cf47_craig

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well picked up my new Kia Soul facelift model had an early termination but Automatic still awaiting parts after 57 days

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for comment above I have the CRDI 1.6 2 in manual so the wheels are only 16 in plus I will miss the rear camera
Still love the shape of the Soul but I still wish Kia could have repaired the car sooner and I would have kept my automatic Tempest

1 - 20 of 31 Posts