Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just got my Kia Soul Tempest and love it.
One thing I am trying to find is an Armrest for the center console.
The only one I can find is for the Left-hand drive version i.e. has the slot cut out for the handbrake on the wrong side!

Anyone found the right-hand drive version?

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
hmmm......i want one of them too, but never considered them been handed. They must do them for the japanese market and the australian market that way round!......postage costs are gonna be crippling tho.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The Armrest is listed on Kia Soul parts catalogue. Part No E89052K900
I had one fitted on my tempest by the Main Dealer Cost £121 fitted.

Trust this helps

Regards

Freddie

·
Registered
309 Posts
I got mine today , I might get mine fitted by the dealer as its more work thanI expected

·
Registered
283 Posts
Does it get in the way of the handbrake?

Can you show any photos please?

Regards

·
Registered
9 Posts
Fitted Armrest- Yes it does make access to the handbrake slightly more difficult to operate,
however the benefit and comfort outweighs this problem

·
Registered
309 Posts
When I ordered mine , I thought I was getting one of these in the right hand drive version ,as the description is the same as in soul accessory rangecatalogue from the Kia UK website.

But what Ive got attaches to the seat & not behind the handbrake

Ive asked the dealer to look into if they can getthe right hand drive version of the bigger one & send this one back , if not I will have to keep what I have .

Ive found them listed here ( USA site , Interior accessories )

http://www.kia.com/#/soul/explore/acc_interior/
Edited by: Raider

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
does the soul have the required hole in the seat frame at that point?. The cubby holed one looks more practical - but the one you currently have looks more comfortable, that could be an important point over a long journey.
Edited by: tempest

·
Registered
309 Posts
No , you have a bracket that fits inside the seat & you have to cut a hole in the materiel for the bracket to stick out of & the console slots into the bracket .

·
Registered
309 Posts
Ive heard back from Kia today , they cannot get the larger consolefor right hand drive vehicles & only do the seat mounted version

I guess somethings better than nothing

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
have a look on ebay - see if any of those are suitable. There are other RH Drive markets that will have the armrest console you want.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Freddie said:
 Fitted Armrest- Yes it does make access to the handbrake slightly more difficult to operate,
Is yours a manual or automatic , wondering If it could get in the way of gear changes , I can send it back , but might keep it if it doesn't get in the way .

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts