Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this approx 5 months ago,love the little car, but when I first had it it has ISG on it ,
Which doesn’t work anymore
I’m now going potty as the garage has said I never had it in this model, has anyone else had this
2014 plate desiel
Heater matrix went too, ages to get this mended as this has never happened before so they say
I used to put my foot on clutch to start it again at lights
Anyone help please

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I bought this approx 5 months ago,love the little car, but when I first had it it has ISG on it ,
Which doesn’t work anymore
I’m now going potty as the garage has said I never had it in this model, has anyone else had this
2014 plate desiel
Heater matrix went too, ages to get this mended as this has never happened before so they say
I used to put my foot on clutch to start it again at lights
Anyone help please
Forgot to say it’s a Kia Soul

·
Registered
525 Posts
This will get better response in the relevant Soul forum. I'm sure a mod will facilitate this shortly

·
Super Moderator
4,312 Posts
Facilitated (y)

Someone been chewing on a dictionary 😂

TBH, ISG has so many variables that can cause it not to work. It is very hard to guess at why. Diesel are even worse than petrol as they have higher cranking needs due to compression being higher.
Odds on if you have not been using car much, then it is all down to battery not being in the right range for it to work. As Kia's have a lovely charging system that works up to 85%, then will only top the rest up on overrun, there is a good chance that many drivers never fully top the battery up.

Reactions: Drwho2

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Did the 2014 Soul, in any of its derivatives, have ISG? My Sport 2017 certainly doesn't.
Looks like they did fit ISG to the Soul but possibly not in the UK .. this site is American by the looks of things

1 - 9 of 9 Posts