Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any body have any idea what engine and gearbox will be fitted to the UK versions when it comes out? I have looked at the info on the kia-world.net site featuring the launch at the New York show and the 2 litre engine will now be mated to a 6 speed manual or auto box but there is no mention of the European 1.6 litre versions. I was going to trade mini in for a new one later in the year but I may hang on if they are uprating the engine and box.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Soul gets the same 1.4 diesel with 6 speed box as the Venga.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
It was mentioned about 4wd for the next range of Souls with 2wd as an option 1.4 1.7 and hybrid engines but looking at the design that was suggested by Kia in the Auoto Express I would not want one ! It looked like the old nissan cube but not as good which gives you an idea of how crap it looked.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
looking at the changes externally to the 2012 model, it all looks to be purely bumpers and light infills...... maybe an option in the future to upgrade an older one to the newer spec without too much difficulty.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Aye - it suggests the changes are mainly mechanical but I did read somewhere that there are some interior trim/facia changes afoot.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Found some pictures at last. New front and rear lights and a more sumptuous interior. The radio and A/C console looks nice;

·
Registered
283 Posts
Found some pictures at last! New front and rear lights, a new facia with nicer radio and A/C controls and the interior does look rather nice;

·
Registered
283 Posts
Ha ha! Thats one of the 2 new colours. I think the other is moss green so perhaps staying on that theme!!!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Unless you know something about the UK driving on the right they are

My chassis No is 234,xxx and of those built I would guess that over 200,000 are for the US market so they are going to get that market up and running first. The Kia guy on the Kia Buzz website says that those revisions will come "later in the summer" to US showrooms so I reckon by the time they have fitted a diesel engine with ISG and 6 speed box then cobbled a steering wheel onto the right for our tiny market you could be looking at very late this year or even next.

However, if you compare how the current models cross over, I also reckon that most of the cosmetic revisions should be the same. The only exception could be the radio which will obviously not get Sirius but may be DAB compatible and will it get this Microsoft based UVO bluetooth system?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I wonder if the 2012 version will keep up tradition with a crappy gearbox?

·
Registered
161 Posts
cant see the 2.ol diesel comeing into the uk market,unless its totaly new design..but 6 speed gear box sounds good,and like the cosmetic changes.led's, bigger spots and trims.the above pic of the concept i thought was for the all electric they are considering launching,defo see the soul influence,and coupe styling with hidden rear doors and larger rear boot/hatch.maybe a nod more to the reworks of the 'new carens' when they get round to it?

·
Registered
161 Posts
touchwood..my gearbox is fine[manual] mad dog..think though reading through the forum theres a few rogue ones out there

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
there are lots of other big countries that drive on the left like us.... so we shouldnt get left out on speed of conversion for our market.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I have looked for the picture of the 2014 possible Soul and only found the electric Naimo one above,I know I have seen them.The USA ones have diffefernt engines I wonder if this is becuase of the right and left hand drive,the USA engines must not be able to convert. Does the Ce-ed have a six speed box in that model of the diesel.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts