Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help or advise. Since we bought the Sorrento new, 2 years ago, we have intermittent problems with cruise control cutting out (feet are nowhere near pedals at time of cut out!). Back to garage on several occassions but they cant find problem! I have recently noted that it appears to happen mostly when Iuse the car first thing in morning (I go same route to work) anddoing 60 on dual carriageway, going up slight incline. Any suggestions would be welcome.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi, get your dealer to check their bulletins.
JC042 / AS187 ECM Upgrade - Sorento (BL) 2.5 VGT Auto Cruise Control System is available.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for advice. Could you explain what the bulletins are and what my dealer might be able to do to help me.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi, all kia dealers have access to manufacturer bulletins, this bulletin is regarding an ECU update for a cruise control issue. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi Valmac and welcome, I have also read that there has been a problem with the foot brake switch, maybe worth having that check along with the adjustment.

Bob.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Dear woohoo, I too am having a problem with my cruise control not setting properly or cutting off some of the time [2011 KIA Sorento LX (6A/I-4)]. You mention a bulletin:JC042 / AS187 ECM Upgrade - Sorento (BL) 2.5 VGT Auto Cruise Control System. Do you mean "ECM" or "ECU" Upgrade? And how can I get a copy of this bulletin? I just don't trust my dealer to come forward with it. Thanks for whatever help you can give me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts