Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help? Have had my Sorento for 15 months and since new, have had problems with cruise control cutting out intermittently. Have been to local Kia dealers in Glasgow and they said to bring it back when it happened again! Did this and their mechanic took it home to see if it happened when he drove it...needless to say it worked fine!! I feel as if I am being called a liar and am not getting any satisfaction with this problem. Can anyone suggest next step to take please.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Take the car to another Kia dealer for a second opinion. If they come back the same, either is operator error (just clipping the clutch or brake pedal will turn off the system) or the car knows when its at a dealer and is on its best behaviour.

·
Registered
144 Posts
How do you keep all this stuff in your head murphwiz?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx for reply but am quite certain its not operator at fault as usually happens when I'm cruising on motorway and feet do not touch other pedals!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Murphwiz, Can you advise what ecm stands for as I'm going to go back to garage and ask them if they've done this. Thanks. Also do you know if I would be within my rights to ask for a replacement unit as this has been happening since new.

·
Registered
144 Posts
You are always within your rights to ask, but remember KMUK and the dealer are within their rights to say no if no fault is found.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think ECM stands for 'Engine Control Module'. Take you car back to the dealer. You are within your rights toask for a diagnostic printout of the car's beheavour. It should show up how the cruise control system was disabled, i.e. a gremlin or your wondering foot!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts