Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I just bought a 2004 Kia Sorento and today it cut out while driving along a dual carriagway.It started again but tweny yards down the road it did it again and a third time. Took it back to the dealers by they recovery company

The recovery driver said it could be an injector problem, anyone any ideas?. He reset the engine management system with a small computer that didn't help, he said it didn't give an indication of the problem.

I noticed an odd smell from the exhaust when I got the car the recovery guy said it might have something to do with the fuel mixture not in sync.

It's in the workshop now till at least Monday. Typical I didn't get extended warranty as I didn't think it was value for money at the time, the garage say they will help as much as they can without a warranty I might be stuffed.Only got the car last week

Appreciate your comments

Andy

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hi Andy

Could it be the fuel tank lining breaking down and blocking the fuel pump? do a search on this forum there is a lot about it.

Good luck Ed

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Ed.

Thanks for your comments, yes I was looking through some of the forum comments on this problem, yeah big percentage point to tank lining breaking down.

My mind was working overtime in the wee small hours. I thought about removing the pump and float unit on the tank itself and flush the tank out using a small suction pump a mirror and torch to see if the lining has indeed started to flake off, that's if the hole was large enough to gain access rather than remove or replace the whole tank.Maybe someone has views on this.

Ta

Andy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts