Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Kia Sorento XT 2006 and recently it has been driving really slugish A few issues with it!!

Whirring noise coming from wheels, feels like it could be tyres so got them replaced. Problem still exists. Sounds like it could be bearings but inspection didnt reveal anything. Maybe becasue there is no weight on the wheeels. Brake Calipers seem to be responding properly and not seizing, Has anyone had that?

Also creaking noise coming from front left underside of the car, mechanic looking at that something about changing a rack??.

Finally the front electric seat motor has packed up unable to move the seat back and forwards, but the back rest still works. Able to attach power directly to the motor which moved the seat. Has anyone ever had problems with the switch before?

Any info would be greatly appreciated, It would be nice to get it back to its smooth self!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
YOUR SEAT WILL NEED A NEW SWITCH MINE DID AND IT WORKS FINE NOW.
CAN'T THINK WHAT YOUR OTHER PROBLEMS ARE ,BUT MAY BE DIFF WHINE,
MY RANGIE HAD THE SAME DIFF WHINE,
HOPE THIS HELPS YOU.

·
Registered
22 Posts
go to the fuse box in the drivers footwell and remove the fuse for the 4WD if fault dissapears check the transfer box oil, if it is black and has a very strong smell then the clutch packs have worn out.if the fault is still there after removing fuse then remove the front propshaft (held on with 8 14mm bolts) these are very common for siezing
any probs get back to me

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fantastic thank you so much guys. Funny enough I got the switch for the seat replaced last week and the seat is back working. Spot on!!

Just need to combat this whirring sound when I drive. I did have the front diff replaced last month I will pop back to the company that did the repair and query this with them. The car is driving on the harsh side it dosent feel smooth anymore, and with a squeaking coming from what sounds like the shocks, Ive got a noisy vehicle!!

I'll keep you posted on the solution.

Thanks again

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the feedback, turns out it was the drivers side bearing, got it replaced and now much better. My mechanic was very impressed with my knowledge!!! Or should I say your knowledge.

Thank you so much for all the help. Im getting there slowly. I'll soon have my XT smooth again it just needs a bit of love!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts