Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Just taken delivery of a KIA Sorento KX2. On taking the vehicle out at night I noticed the Door courtesy Lamps were not working. No problem take it back under warranty. They checked the lamps and no wiring was found. Contacted supply dealer and he came back with the answer they had changed the spec and reflectors were no used. The service rep where I took it check his and his lights were working. The vehicle is a 2011 model with blue tooth audio system. Anyone out there taken delivery of one with these reflectors. I think I may be being fobbed off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Slim, Thank you for your reply. I have a copy of the brochure for the new Sportage First Edition and in the spec it does say "Front door courtesy reflectors. My query is that I ordered a Sorento from the Spec published on their web site which stated "front door courtesy lamps" Thespecificationstill showed lamps up until I checked today. On checking today lo and behold it now shows "front door courtesy reflectors. My gripe is that when I ordered the car the spec published on ther web site is what I expected to get.

Silver Surfer

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi there

my dad has a kx3 on a 2010. he recently had a recall due to some of the cars having electrical faults with the courtesy lighting as you have mentioned. we recently spoke to a dealer as we are thinking about buying a 2011 model and he said that kia have changed the lights for reflectors - but kept quiet about doing so. i expect it will be due to the recent recall with the lights

·
Registered
887 Posts
The recall was not for courtesy lamps, was for the mood lamps, the mood lamps are the ickle red glow you get onto the window switches.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi, just taken delivery of my brand new KX2, and as you say the front courtesy lights are not working -- it's in the manual and on the spec sheet i ordered from, the dealer and i are having 'discussions'on the subject.My old 2004 XE SORENTO was superb, did everything i asked of it so i was eagerly looking forward to the updated model. So far i am a bit disappointed, it has a lot more road noise, the inside does not have the finish of my old XE, we now have plastic on the scuff plates, no courtesy lights front and rear, cheaper carpets and no lumbar adjustment. The good news is the engine which is great, i have lots of new whistles and bells to play with but i was hoping to retain the standards i had in the old XE after all , we are now paying £27k.
Not yet in love with it !

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Silver Surfer
I take delivery of exactly the same model on Wednesday this week and will check this and get back to you.

Regards
John

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi
I took delivery this afternoon of my Sorento KX2 (see my earlier email) and the doors only have refelectors. I checked the new brochure the the specification states "Door Reflectors".

I think there should be some wiring somewhere as usually the wiring loom in vehicles are generic. If they have suddenly stopped doing nreal lights I doubt they would take the wiring out.

Any one have any thoughts? Any Kia technicians know the answer? How about Dan?

Regards
John

PS. Excellent car though. I have the auto 7 seater. I added premium mats, load liner and side steps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts