Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Sorento 2.5crd xe. This car has now coverred 31,000 miles approx and has now developed a clutch problem and would appear to have to have a new clutch. Have any other owners had to replace the clutch? Or am I unlucky with mine. My car has been unlucky for me as soon after I got the car new the Transmission failed at 1 month old and since then it has been ok but now a 4 years old it has become a problem. 1st problem was with rust on the rear door panel arround the wheel arches. I tryed to claim under the 6 year warrenty but Kia Uk wounld not honour the warrenty. They claimed it was out of warrenty. How they work that one out is a loss to me when I have complied with all the terms.

2nd Problem is the clutch soon after start up you drive approx 100 yard the clutch starts to smell. This goes off once you start to drive a couple of miles and only reapears once in traffic and have to stop start and use the clutch a lot.

As for Kia Customer Services I have found them to be very unhelpful as I am stil waiting for a reply to a letter i sent them in 2004 about my transmission. Today I spoke to them to ask if they had any problem with the sorento clutch's he said he was not aware of any. Funny that the same responce I got 4 years ago about the transmission. Yet on the internet there were lots of post about transmission.

When I phoned my dealer to book the car in for the clutch to be looked at I was told that it was the way i drive for the likely failer of a clutch at 31000 miles and I tow a caravan . Yet the Sorento was tow car of the year for 2004 and then main reason I bought it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a 2005 Kia Sedona just out of Warranty in Nov 2008 when the clutch went . It cost me the best part of £1000, I partex. the car in January 2009 even though it had done only 35000 miles but I got a Kia Carens instead, now, at just 1 Year old an at 15000 miles the clutch is slipping!!!! The dealer says that when he looks at it it may be wear causing the problem and if so I will have to pay. I told him that if that happens I will be taking Kia to Court.

As others have said I have found that service and Kia dealers are word not often used together.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts