Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My Kia Sorento is having a small rear diff leak which was pointed on last two MOT's. After first one told that to Kia dealer when serviced it - get back with "it is to small so it is not under warranty". After one year I was thinking that will be big enough to sort it but still nothing. On MOT been told that if rear seal fail on rear diff it should be sort out in dealer as it still under warranty no matter how big it is. My warranty running out next October (2021). My quastion is what shoud I do now?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Tell them to sort it out or you'll send them the bill for re-carpeting your garage? :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
What KIA Dealership do you use..??

Aside from that, if there's another KIA Dealership within a reasonable distance take your car to them and say "I've had my car MOT'd and they've pointed out this leak". Then ask if they could fix it as a warranty repair but DONT mention the conversation with the first KIA Dealership. They might say yes right there and then.

Should they ask why you've come to them instead of your usual dealership (they may well be able to see your interactions with the first dealership on their computer system), tell them that the first dealership said it wasn't worth fixing, but the car is leaving drips on your lovely clean driveway. They may change it because it's actually the correct thing to do plus they might win you as a regular customer.

Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts