Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I took my car yesterday 13/01/12 to my local Kia dealer its annual service. When i went in i told the servive department man that a cupple of probs iv had with the car 1 being i was not happy with the brakes sometimes they work sometimes they dont stop fast anoth.

First of all my apoint ment was at 1pm and got told the workers are on dinner break and can not start till 1.30 so ok no a prob il wait. They took the car in at 3 and got it back at 4.30 all the time i was still waiting.

The dealer came out with the keys and paper work and said the only prob with the car is the front nearside wheel needs changing. So i asked about the brakes he said they brakes are all good no probs with them i though ok and went to kwikfit.

I told the fitter its been for a service with Kia and shode him the paper work i was given and he went and took the wheel of 5 minutes later he came back.Looked at my paper work again and asked if the dealer said about the breaks.

I told him they said they was good. He then informed me my breaks are nackered and iv got to get the car booked back in with Kwikfit with in 2 weeks the breaks are that bad. I could had a crash or killed someone thanks to the kia servicer i WILL NOT be going there again with any of my cars.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Did you see the condition of the brakes for yourself. I certainly would not believe in what KwikFit tells you as they are notorious for doing unneccessary work. If they told me it was 2012 I would check my calendar. Get a third opinion before you take it to those clowns. I wouldn't touch kwik fit with a barge pole.

Edited by: davy

·
Registered
226 Posts
Thats not good but personally I would get another opinion as I would not trust Kwikfit with anything. Can you not check the brakes yourself?

·
Registered
887 Posts
So you went to kwik fit and said you had a brake problem...and now your brakes are so badly gone that they will replace them in a fortnight...
I smell something!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi all

Thankyou for your feedback Iv took on what you have all said and went to 2 other garages They have confirmed Kwik fits findings. The brakes are low and should of been put right by the dealer on the service i had done there.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi
I would go back to Kia first, tell them of your findings and giving them time to rectify if unsucceceful go to the local tradings dept, who will act straight away. Why pay for something and not recieve it.
Only my own opinion

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Iv been back to the kia dealer this morning and they have fixed the brakes for me and re-seviced my car with a diffrent person doing the job. They said sorry for it not being done the first time. The manager of the dealership said he will be speaking to the lad that did the first service when he is ready to go for his lunch.

Thankyou all for your feed back you have all been a great help to me

1 - 7 of 7 Posts