Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any thoughts on the Kia Service Plan? Has anybody else taken it out?
I have just signed up to it at £19.70 a month and covers 5 years servicing and is fully inclusive, except for consumables such as tyres and batteries etc. It fixes the service costs at todays rates and you get a free courtesy car each time. You are not tied and can cancel it or transfer it if you trade or sell the car. What I like is not having yet another big bill every 12 months!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I took one out but once I had read the small print I cancelled it. It is not with Kia, the company is in Cheltenham but their parent is offshore in the Isle of Man. If they fail you will loose your money and have no comeback from Kia, the dealers are just selling a product with Kia written on it.

We are putting the same amount into a bank account every month expecting that after the 4th service there is still some left. If there is the scheme was overpriced.

Paul

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
i was gonna take it out too and didnt. Probably a good job really cos i am doing far more miles than i thought and the payments wouldnt have kept up with the servicing costs and i would have had to find the difference anyway.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's interesting...
I will look again at this then.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
i dont think the service plan is a bad idea. Spreading the payments at todays prices is a good idea - it just didnt suit me cos of my mileage change. Something else i got offered with mine was a first free mot test too. My only concern was being tied to the same garage for services... cos untl i bought a car off them - i knew nothing of how good they were and would have happily taken the car elsewhere for servicing if their rep was poor.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Tempest

The scheme does not tie you to the dealer you buy it from, any official Kia garage can service it for you, that was one positive aspect about it.

Dave R

The Ceed does not have a 25,000 service, its every year or 20000 miles whichever is sooner thus cannot help you. The cost of the first 4services for the Ceed added up to about £880 from memory, the service plan was about £23 per month for 46 months totalling £1058, about £180 MORE. Sinceyouare tying yourself to Kia dealerships and the company providing the schemehave your money in the bank earning a bit of interestI would have though that the total should be no more than the cost of the individual services.

We are putting £23 per month into a bank account for 4 years and will pay for each service when it is due. If there is any money left the scheme is a rip off, if we are short then its a good scheme, tell you in 4 years.

Paul

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
With the Soul diesel the services are every 12.5k or 12 months which ever is the sooner,my Tempest is 14 months old but I have over 20k on it so I will be looking very soon to do the 25k service.My first 12.5k service was £105 at my local Kia garage which was not the garage I bought my Soul from.I am hoping that the next service will come in at a reasonable price as reading the service shedule it does not look that much more to do than the first one.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
£105 for the first service!!!!.... i paid £165 i think for the first service!!!!!...... how happy am i just now!!

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
The local Kia/Vauxhall/Chrysler garage had a voucher on their website for 25% discount if you had the service within a 6 week time slot so I got 25% off the serivce. It should have been around what you paid if I had to pay full price.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I've got the three year plan & a friend who's a mechanic at KIA , said the first three services will come out more than I've paid in , plus if labour rates go up it's not effected .

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Had that on my last car,trouble is I have done 20k in 14 months so the payments went all out of sync and I had to pay the difference anyway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts