Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
New user, I am having problems with my Serento Diesel 03 plate. the problem is it struggles to start when cold and only turns over slowly! if its warm it just turns over and won't start at all?

I have had the battery checked and it is ok not loosing any power or anything.

I have used the spare key I have, because I got told the key may have lost its code !

I've also tried cleaning the battery conections and also the earth starp from the engine to the body!

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks Bob

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi Kiabob, when was the carlast service, also how old is the battery, it maybe still holding its charge, but may not be able to deliver the high current to turn over the engine fast enough.
The diesel engine does need to be turned over pretty smartish to get it to fire up even when warm.

If you find or know about a good diesel engineering workshop near you, they should be able to sort it out for you before winter set in!!!

Bob.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply

car serviced 8 months ago, new battery put on last December still had the battery tested again, just incase. Car Care shop where I bought the battery fromused new all singing all dancing tester,

and found no problems found even under load, (spent an hour there till I could start the dam thing). Had to get a jump start as the battery had given up for all the trying to start it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
new update

Car would'nt start this morning would'nt even turn over :(

Contacted local garage who came out to assist

after knocking the starter motor with a hammer !!!!

it did turnover!! but very slowly but not start.

Bump started and taken to garage. I thought typical no car for the wek end :(

Just had a phone call car ready new starter fitted turns over like anything.

Thanks to all for comments and assistance.

Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts