Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning from a newbie.

I have recently bought an X reg Kia Sedona and up to now am quite impressed apart from the day after buying it I drove it on holiday and the alternator died. This could happen to any car of course.

This Sedona is fitted with rusty steel wheels and almost new cheapo 215/65R15 tyres.

Is it easy to get hold of alloy wheels to fit a sedona or would wheels from other vehicles such as a chrysler voyager fit the sedona?.

I often drive down farm tracks so need mud and snow tyres but do not need a 4X4.
I have a set of tyres which are great off road. Size 195/70/R15 C and would like to know if these will fit onto the sedona steel rims.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You

·
Registered
12 Posts
It is always best to try to keep to the proper size wheels and tyres. First there could be a slight alteration to the speedo reading against actual speed. Second by altering tyre size could in some circumstances prevent lock to lock turn by hitting the inner wheel arch. Third tyres are rated for that particular vehicle, by changing them could alter the stability. Fourth if you start fitting different size tyres you could invalidate your car insurance because the tyres are not standard equipment. So if you should decide to fit them watch out for the above points

Realspeed

1 - 2 of 2 Posts