Kia Owners Club Forum banner
161 - 179 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, i found this thread by accident while trying to find info on another of the many issues i have had with my recently purchased 2007 sedona and the fix has worked a treat! One thing off the list! Many thanks.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 ·
phil.s. said:
Hi, i found this thread by accident while trying to find info on another of the many issues i have had with my recently purchased 2007 sedona and the fix has worked a treat! One thing off the list! Many thanks.
Thanks for the feedback - glad it was of use

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi
I have been an owner of a Kia Sedona (2.9 Diesel 57 Plate) for 7 years now and had very little problems with the car to date. Recently I have had issues with the brakes binding and sticking on it only happens when the car has been driven for about 20-30 minutes. The local garage has freed the calipers off as the sliders were sticking and replaced one caliper. He thought that this was the cure but sure enough once I had driven it for about 30 min it started binding again. Is it possible to send me the details of the fix so that I can resolve this problem.
Regards
[email protected] - Brian Jones (AKA Bof2b)

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
As said in the previous post most likely the master cylinder is the problem,as not releasing pressure and when driving heat created from the discs is expanding the fluid and putting pressure on brakes

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Thankyou for letting us know your problem is solved. This helps others with the same fault.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there
i am new to here but i have recently brought a kia sedona 06 plate and having this problem i don't suppose you still have all the information do you if you do please would you let me know thank you
lee

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #177 ·
Pleasure - I appreciate that the post is now getting a bit leggy, but I would try and read it, especially the first few pages as there is a lot of useful information. Basically the brake servo has a rod that can be adjusted to resolve the problem, although some suggest changing the master brake cylinder. I have only done the adjustment and so far the problem has not re- occurred. You should also consider that the problem could be the brake calipers becoming stiff and this could also cause the brakes to bind.

161 - 179 of 179 Posts