Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I would just like to know if anyone has had any probelms with regard to the starting of there Kia Sedona.

It starts first time, then runs for 10 seconds then stops. I lift the bonnet and at the side of the diesel filter, I pump therubber plunger about 10 times. It then starts but the engine keeps missing. Once it is warm it works fine.

Any ideas?

KiaSedonaMan

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi kiasedonaman

Sounders like a smallair leak in the diesel line, has this started since changing the fuel filter or some think?

bob

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Had similar problems on my Rio diesel and it was the fuel filter water sensor threads and seal that was split and letting air in. Worth taking the fuel filter off and checking this.

·
Registered
192 Posts
dont know about the air leak as he says it runs ok when warm as it would still have the air leak when warm ,when was the last service done could be a clogged filter defo a fuel prob.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello kiasedonaman

I have had the same problem as you for the last 2 winters, and yes I meen Winters

This problem only happens for me when the weather is cold and the colder it is the worse the problem, all Summer the issue disappears.

The car always starts first time without fail no matter how cold it is but then dies and will not restart without squeezing the black hand pump lots. Once it has been started and driven it will be fine for the rest of that day.

I don't know what causes it but this year the promblem is worse than ever so I will be replacing the fuel filter and hoping it helps.

It is like the fuel in the line is draining back to the tankbut I don't understand why it only drains back when the weather is cold??

·
Registered
101 Posts
Could be water in diesel. This will freeze in very cold weather.Try using most of tank,then switching to another suppler. Supermarket fuel is prone to all sorts of problems
Try using one of the more expensive diesols fom shell or BP. Not the standard one the dearer one. I can't remember the name they give it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My sedona is in the garage at the moment witha similar problem. Mine wont start but prime the diesel and away it goes, but if i leave car for more than 2 hours, have to prime again. I also have a problem where engine cuts out over 70mph. Have a look at post "Engine cutting out over 70mph". As soon as I get a fix I will post it. Edited by: steve5815

·
Registered
10 Posts
News from garage is that I haveone, possibly threefaulty injectors. Shown up on a leak back test. Garage had done leak back test about month ago and injector faults didnt show up car would start. Injector could have been damaged due top fact sender unit in fuel tank had no filter on it. This has been replaced and fuel lines blown out. Fingers crossed til I hear from garage again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
<DIV =msg>

Garage replaced one injector, had car back about 10 days and starts easier than ever. Beenout on a 40 mile run and no cutting out. Not totally convinced fault rectified until take car on a longer run. Hope this info helps somebody.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts