Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been offered a 2003 KIA SEDONA 2.9 CRDi, the guy has been honest it came as a "trade in" with 73,600 miles, with service history, last serviced at 68,152 miles, PDi + Four entries in the service book. Long MOT to October 2012.

When we were talking on the phone the trader said when he followed the car it put out a bit of black smoke when the pedal was down hard.

It sounds like it has not been warn hard and the mileage for a diesel with service history, itshould be sweet, I read somewhere that it could be the EGR valve getting stuck and needing a clean.

Do the experts here think it is worth a punt, as it is on offer at 1.75k?

I am thinking of looking at it on Saturday, as I need a 7 seater.

Regards

David

·
Registered
141 Posts
hi Adeptris i have a 2003 2.9 and mine smokes under hard acceleration but does start to clear under boost.
most turbo diesel cars do this even from new.

check on the cam belt being changed when it should be done which is at 60.000 miles.

i like mine so much better on fuel than the lucida i had and comfort.

where in kent are you.

thats a good deal i paid 3k for mine in march this year.
Edited by: dmc

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi dmc,Torn between the Sedona and a Zafira, Sedona has more leg room, the zafira is more compact and cheaper on repairs and insurance.

I am in Swanley, so just up the road from you.

Regards

David

·
Registered
11 Posts
diesel do put out black smoke, but it depends how bad it is

my mate has an A3 TDi and it smokes badly and it now turns out that his turbo needs stripped; the black reek is unburnt diesel -a new turbo is not cheap.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Black smoke is far better than grey smoke, I wouldn't let that worry you, my 07 43k smokes if you boot her, that's just diesel's for you.

Had a few 7 seaters in my time, the Sedona is the best by far

1 - 6 of 6 Posts