Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

This is my fist post on this forum, just picked up my 2004 Kia Rio LE 1.3 today and I'm having a slight problem with the windscreen washer pump. I can hear the pump working, but only a small amount of fluid squirts out and then stops, despite having plenty of fluid in it.

Any advice?
Where abouts would I locate the windscreen washer pump?

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
It's probably a blocked nozzle caused by crap in the in the washer bottle and pipes. Get a bit of fine stiff wire and poke it into the nozzle and see if that clears it.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
These motors are pretty reliable these days and more than likely as you can hear the motor, it's probably a tube or nozzle blockage.
Before you go to the trouble of removing the motor,Open the bonnet and detach the washer tube from the nozzles and see if you've get water shooting out when the motor is activated.
Edited by: M4trundler

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just thought I'd post back to let you know I got it fixed. Turns out the filter was clogged full of crap and just needed cleaning.

The easiest way to get to the pump is from underneath the car, too (not through the wheel arch as me and my Dad discovered the hard way
). Took it to a garage and he jacked it up, removed the pump, cleaned the filter popped it all back in and hey presto, works a treat!

Thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Glad you got it sorted. I forgot to have a look at mine the other day and report back, sorry about that. Was just so pleased to get it through the MOT and get it back to the other half before she borrowed my car!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.