Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just replaced both front tyres on my Rio, and now the Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) warning light is permanently on, despite the fact that both tyres are inflated to the correct pressure.

Does anyone know why this would be?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You did not say if you have driven far with the new tyres.
The sensors take up to 10 miles to realign after change of tyre or pressure change.
They are a bit sensitive to damage but hopefully they will reboot and you should have no problem. Mine were damaged when I bought the car and were replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Hi Rob, as well as doing the required mileage have you pressed the ""set button""� ?
1) Inflate tyres to correct pressure
2) Start the engine, make sure the vehicle is not moving and press the TPMS switch for over 3 seconds
3) Check if the warning indicator blinks for 4 seconds
4) You may get a message on the cluster saying ""tyre pressures stored""�

This will set the TPMS to the current inflation pressures and prevent you getting false warnings ‘�

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Dilus, but I can't seem to find the TPMS set button anywhere.

Having done a search online, it seems that this button should be underneath the button which you press to turn off the ESP (electronic stability programme), but I don't have a button there, or anywhere else nearby.

Do all Rios have a set button to manually reset the TPMS system, or do some of them just reset automatically when you've done the required mileage?

·
Registered
913 Posts
Hi Rob, I'm quoting from the handbook for +17 plate model, not sure what Rio you have ?I guess it's a bit older as you have replaced tyres.
My button is to the right of the steering wheel below the side vent, if you haven't got a ""set button""� try what the other guys have suggested and just do some mileage ‘�

·
Registered
913 Posts
If it stays on beyond 20 miles pop in to your local dealer Rob, a valve could have possible got damaged during the replacement, although tyre dealers are aware nowadays that they have to be careful

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.