Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All<BR itxt="1"><BR itxt="1">Just new to the forums and Kias in general<BR itxt="1"><BR itxt="1">Bought a 1.5 2005 Kia Rio Diesel on Sunday and am really happy with pretty much everything about it<BR itxt="1"><BR itxt="1">There is one little irksome thing though<BR itxt="1"><BR itxt="1">When I first switch the heater/cooler on after starting the car up the air conditioning light is on and I have to switch it off manually. <BR itxt="1"><BR itxt="1">As long as the car is running I can switch the heater on and off and the aircon light wont come on but then when I switch the engine off, next time i start it up we are back to square 1 where the light comes on the first time you switch the heater on.<BR itxt="1"><BR itxt="1">does anyone have any ideas how to change this so it doesnt automatically come on

·
Registered
328 Posts
Believeit or not this is normal and intended.

Depending upon where the direction for the heating is, the aircon will come on.

So if the direction of the heater is set to blow heat to the windscreen then the aircon will come on each time the engine is started.

I found a work around is to have the direction set to blow heat / cold into the front air vents then the air con will not come on.

Then if needed to blow heat on to the front windscreen, then changing the direction switch will draw your attention to the air con comming on and this can be turned off.

This works for me as my attention is focused on the direction switch and then I notice the air con LED lighting up, so i can just turn this off.

It is a bit annoying and can end up using more fuel if this is not noticed.

Rumor has it that the air con will not work below 5C as the air con gas does not circulate well.
So the light will come on but not much will happen.

I have tried to explain clearly and I appologise if this is not clear (wish I could post pictures on here).

·
Registered
35 Posts
The AC is still on and running regardless of temperature, i'm used to having the air blowing from the windscreen and this "feature" i found very annoying at first, but i'm now used to turning the AC button off everytime i start the car. i notice the idle noise changes slightly when i turn the AC off which makes me think the AC pulley is still engaged when it is running and therefore taking power from the engine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers,

Only had the car a week and I am beginning to get used to making sure I check it when I switch the fan on

1 - 4 of 4 Posts